This pumpkin coffee cake with brown butter glaze is a great fall dessert. Moist pumpkin cake topped with a brown sugar topping and glazed with a nutty brown butter glaze.
Tired of the same old pumpkin cake recipe?
Well, this one is going to knock your socks off!
It’s not your everyday type of pumpkin coffee cake.
Nope, this baby is LOADED with warm spices and then topped with a sugary walnut topping and then DRIZZLED with a brown butter glaze.
It’s so good I want to cry.
Plus, I’m always up for making brown butter. It’s so damn good.
What is brown butter?
Only the greatest thing EVER!
But really it’s butter that is slowly melted in a pan and then cooked until the butter solids are brown and toasted.
It smells amazing and it tastes even more delicious!
Now, of course, you could skip the glaze but I would highly recommend it. It’s so darn good.
Tips for making this pumpkin coffee cake?
The biggest tip is to make sure you buy pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
And if you don’t have all the spices mentioned in the recipe you can always use some pumpkin pie spice in place. It can get costly buying a bunch of different spices.
Love this pumpkin coffee cake with brown butter glaze?
Why not try a few of my other tasty pumpkin dessert recipes!
- Butterscotch Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Streusel Topped Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Spice Apple Monkey Bread
- Pumpkin Churro Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Phyllo Bites
- Pumpkin Pie Cake Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Coffee Cake
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- Whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°degrees F.
- Spray the inside of a 9x13 dish with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until well blended.
- Add the pumpkin and eggs and mix thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture.
- Mix on medium speed until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the cake batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool drizzle with glaze.
- In a small bowl combine the walnuts, flour, sugars, cinnamon, and melted butter.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter over medium-low heat until fragrant and the butter solids are golden brown.
- Pour the butter into the sugar and combine with a whisk.
- Continue to mix, adding one tablespoon of milk at a time until you have a pourable icing.
- Drizzle over the cooled cake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 2gSugar: 61gProtein: 6g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.