These sweet pumpkin cornbread muffins are savory and sweet, and the perfect pumpkin twist to traditional cornbread!
Who doesn’t love a deliciously fluffy cornbread muffin?
These pumpkin cornbread muffins take a basic cornbread muffin and add a fun fall twist!
Tender, moist, and full of pumpkin puree, warm pumpkin spice, and cinnamon, these pumpkin cornbread muffins are the perfect pumpkin treat for breakfast or brunch (or anytime).
You can slather them with some salted butter, or dunk them in your cup of coffee, but either way, you’re going to love these pumpkin cornbread muffins!
Ingredients for pumpkin cornbread muffins
- Egg – The egg helps to emulsify and bring the batter together.
- Buttermilk – Tangy and thick, buttermilk adds moisture and tang to our muffins.
- Sweetened condensed milk – This will add both sweetness and moisture.
- Cornmeal – It wouldn’t be cornbread without cornmeal!
- Pumpkin pie spice – Feel free to use homemade or your favorite store-bought variety.
- Cinnamon – A warm and cozy spice that adds a perfect fall flavor to the muffin.
- Pumpkin puree – This will add pumpkin flavor and moisture to our muffins.
- Unsalted butter – This is the fat of choice for our muffins, to add moisture.
- All-purpose flour – A simple baking ingredient that helps hold your muffin together.
- Kosher salt – Even baked goods need salt to help enhance all of the delicious flavors.
- Vanilla extract – To add a sweet, vanilla flavor.
Slathering the inside of these pumpkin cornbread muffins with butter sure would be tasty, but why not elevate the flavors even more with sophisticated honey butter?
To make honey butter, simply mix together a stick (8 tablespoons) of softened salted butter, and 1-2 tablespoons (depending on how sweet you prefer) of honey. That’s it!
Mix the two ingredients together and set them aside for taking these pumpkin cornbread muffins to the next level!
Make ahead muffins
These pumpkin cornbread muffins can be frozen ahead of time, so they’re ready when you are!
Simply bake as directed, cool the muffins completely, and store them in a freezer-safe storage bag.
To eat from frozen, simply thaw them on your counter (and to warm them up, just pop the thawed muffin into the microwave for 10-20 seconds).
Storage and leftovers of pumpkin cornbread muffins
To store leftover pumpkin cornbread muffins, simply put them in an airtight container and keep them on the counter for up to 2 days.
More pumpkin recipes
- Looking for another great breakfast treat? Try my Pumpkin Pancakes.
- Want a warm fall-inspired drink? Try my Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate.
- Love all things cheesecake? Try my Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars.
- Need a use for all that leftover pumpkin puree? Try my Homemade Pumpkin Butter.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- In a bowl whisk or sift together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- Mix milk and cornmeal and let it sit 10 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray nonstick spray on your muffin trays.
- In another bowl, cream the butter until it is very soft and fluffy.
- Add the eggs in, one by one, and mix until combined.
- Add in the condensed milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in the cornflour mixture and mix.
- Add in the flour mixture. Mix until combined. Try not to overmix.
- Fold in the pumpkin puree.
- Divide evenly into muffin tins and sprinkle the tops of the muffins with addition cinnamon.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 22 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.