These homemade rainbow fruit popsicles are the perfect fruity addition to your summer. Super simple to make with just chopped fresh fruit and lemonade! Your whole family is sure to love them!
If you’re looking for the BEST summer dessert I have you covered!
These homemade rainbow fruit popsicles are just what summer needs! Packed with TONS of fresh fruit and lemonade.
They are sweet and tart all rolled into one.
Plus they are super pretty and pretty much the perfect showstopper of a dessert.
And, because the ingredients list is simple you can make these with just about any fruit or juice you have on hand!
What do I need to make homemade popsicles?
I used a mold for these popsicles but don’t over think the process. If you don’t have a mold you can pretty much anything that you shove a popsicle stick into.
One of my favorite ways of making popsicles is using small paper cups. That’s what I did for these mango margarita boozesicles.
What liquid can I use for popsicles?
This recipe uses lemonade but there are tons of choices if you’re not a fan of lemonade.
If you want to keep it tangy maybe try limeade instead of the lemonade.
If you want something sweeter try white grape juice, coconut water, apple juice, or white cranberry juice cocktail.
All of the above options are great because they are still fairly clear drinks that will let the fruit shine through. If you’re not concerned with seeing the rainbow aspect of this popsicle you could use kool-aid, fruit punch, grape juice, or even orange juice.
Any tips on making these rainbow fruit popsicles?
You’ll want to make sure to use ripe fruit as it’s juicy and full of flavor.
You also want to make sure to chop the fruit small enough that it can go into the mold easily. Plus, as the popsicle melts you’ll want to be able to easily eat the fruit.
The fruit can be changed to use whatever you have on hand or is in season. I like to pick fruit that will still keep that fun rainbow color.
Lastly, make sure to freeze your popsicles long enough so they have time to really harden and set up in the freezer. At a minimum, you’ll want to freeze them for 8 hours but overnight is best.
Also, I like to run the mold under hot water before trying to remove them from the molds. It makes it a lot easier.
What is the best way to store homemade popsicles?
You’ll want to keep them frozen until you’re ready to serve them.
If you don’t finish the popsicles all in one day keep them for up to a month in a freezer safe container.
Love these rainbow fruit popsicles?
Why not try few of my other delicious summer desserts!
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Sweet Tea Popsicles
- Vanilla Peach Bourbon Milkshake
- Frozen Peach Cobbler
- Homemade Lemon Bars
- Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Olive Oil Cake
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped kiwi
- 1/2 cup chopped blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped red grapes
- 2-1/2 cup lemonade
- Layer the fruit in the popsicle mold in desired order. To make it more fun, mix up the fruit layers between the popsicle molds.
- Fill up the popsicle molds with lemonade.
- Cover the mold and insert the popsicle sticks in between fruit pieces.
- Pop into the freezer for a minimum of 8 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, put the popsicle mold under hot running water for 5 seconds for easier removal of the popsicles.
- Use ripe fruits for maximum flavor and sweetness
- Be sure to chop fruit small enough to fit the popsicle molds
- You can change up the fruits depending on what you like or what is in season, but use similar colored fruits to get the rainbow effect
- Lemonade could be substituted for clear fruit juice such as apple or white grape
- For healthier popsicles, use sugar-free lemonade or coconut water