These air fryer pasta chips are the perfect snack! To make it’s just a few simple ingredients that will reward you with a delicious treat that is perfect for parties, charcuterie boards, or snacktime.
Pasta chips are all the rage on TikTok and I had to give them a try just to see how truly delicious they really are!
And, since I’m posting them here on the blog I can assure you they are in fact 100% delicious!
I opted to season mine with garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and Italian seasoning. And since I was keeping with the tradiational Italian pasta flavors I served it along side warm marinara sauce for dipping!
After the pasta comes out of the air fryer it’s perfectly crisp and makes for the best quick and easy snack!
What are pasta chips?
Pasta chips are just a simple snack food that involved frying or baking cooked pasta until crispy and lightly browned.
Traditionally I have seen pasta chips made by lightly frying them in oil on the stovetop.
However, for this version I didn’t feel like frying or even heating up oil. So, instead I opted to bust out the air fryer and give it a whirl!
What is the best air fryer to use?
Any air fryer you have and use is a great option for making air fryer pasta chips.
The model I have has a large capacity basket which is what I personally prefer. That means in my air fryer I was able to do a pound of pasta in 3 cooking batches.
How do I make air fryer pasta chips?
- Cook your pasta in salted boiling water just until al dente.
- Drain and pour into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add seasonings.
- Toss to combine.
- Cook in batches in an air fryer until crispy.
- Serve with your dip of choice.
Flavoring air fryer pasta chips
I knew I wanted to serve my pasta chips with marinara sauce so I opted to keep the flavor on the pasta chips more traditional Italian.
That means I used Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning blend, crushed red pepper, and garlic powder.
If that is not the flavor you’re looking for in a snack here are a few more fun ideas:
- Garlic powder and lemon pepper.
- Chili powder, cayenne pepper, and a dash of cumin.
- Ranch powder.
- Smoked paprika and garlic powder.
Like a lot of flavor but not craving pasta chips? Try these homemade Dot’s pretzels for a fun twist on snacking!
Love these air fryer pasta chips?
Why not try a few of my other delicious party and snacking ideas?
- Sweet Chili Chicken Nachos
- Creamy Bacon Jalapeno Corn Dip
- Ultimate Italian Antipasto Platter
- Garlic Herb Roasted Olives
- 1 pound bowtie pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to box directions until al dente.
- Drain pasta and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add olive to pasta and toss.
- Add in grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper.
- Toss to combine.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Add pasta to preheated air fryer, covering the bottom of the basket and not overlapping in the basket.
- Cook for 4 minutes on 400 degrees F.
- Toss and cook for another 4-5 minutes at 400 degrees F. until you have reached your desired crispness.
- Continue until all pasta chips have been made.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.