This s’mores French toast is LOADED with bigtime marshmallow flavor and is the perfect special occasion sweet breakfast or over-the-top dessert. Thick sliced vanilla bean challah bread French toast topped with toasted marshmallows, drizzled with chocolate sauce, and sprinkled with graham cracker crumbs. What’s not to love?
This post was sponsored by Campfire® Marshmallows. All opinions and thoughts are 100% my own.
Ok, today’s post is ALL about marshmallows, French toast, and the beauty that is s’mores.
If you know anything about me you know I LOVE me some s’mores.
I mean, of course, I think of The Sandlot every time I make s’mores but it’s so much more than a totally quotable line from a beloved childhood movie.
It’s the beauty that is gooey marshmallows, melty chocolate, and that touch of crunchy graham.
This year I teamed up again with Campfire® marshmallows to bring you this over the top s’mores French toast that while I would 100% eat for breakfast would make a pretty amazing dessert.
PLUS it’s a great use for leftover challah bread.
I kept it simple by using Campfire® regular marshmallows and just toasted them up on top of freshly made vanilla bean French toast and then I smothered it all in chocolate sauce and a sprinkling of graham cracker crumbs.
If I was really feeling adventurous I’m betting a scoop of ice cream on top would be INSANE!
Well, insane in a good way.
The best part about using Campfire® marshmallows is that beyond being gooey and fun (I mean, marshmallows are just the best fun food!) you can get really creative because they offer a fun and festive marshmallow for every season.
Who doesn’t love being festive?
Of course, I also kept it fairly simple by just drizzling on some refrigerated chocolate sauce at the end.
I mean, after all that mallow toasting the last thing I wanna do is wait for the chocolate to melt.
I wanted to just dig in and have a midday day date with this plate of deliciousness.
Love this s’mores French toast?
Why not try a few of my other s’mores recipes?!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores
- Peppermint S’mores Martini
- Double Chocolate S’mores Milkshake
- S’mores Popcorn
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Brownies
- 8 thick slices challah bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 bag Campfire® regular marshmallows
- Chocolate sauce
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Preheat your griddle and set aside sliced challah bread.
- In an 8x8 casserole dish whisk together eggs, whole milk, and vanilla bean paste.
- Quickly dip both sides of the challah bread into the egg/milk mixture.
- Add to your preheated griddle and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 7 minutes per slice of bread.
- Add the cooked french toast to a large baking sheet. Laying each slice side by side.
- Slightly flatten the marshmallows and place the desired amount of marshmallows on top of each slice of French toast.
- Turn on your broiler and add the sheet pan to the oven and toast until the marshmallows are gooey and browned about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stack 2 slices per plate and drizzled with desired amount of chocolate sauce and graham cracker crumbs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 436mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 15g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.