Loaded Baked Potato Pizza

Loaded baked potato pizza combines the worlds best flavors – potato, cheese and bacon!

Baked Potato Pizza by Nutmeg Nanny

Pizza is one of my favorite “make it at home because it’s probably better than ordering out” dishes. It can be thin or thick crust and can be loaded with just about anything you can image. Now, I know the thought of adding potatoes to a pizza might sound weird but I swear it’s delicious. My husband is the first person to introduce me to this delicacy.

Apparently in Connecticut potato pizza is all the rage. I’m not going to lie. I was a little weary at first but it only took one bite to change my mind.

Baked Potato Pizza by Nutmeg Nanny

I always load my homemade version with lots of thick sliced bacon because bacon is the best. Agree? I also LOVE to make my pizza in the cast iron skillet because it gives the pizza a perfectly crisp crust.

Baked Potato Pizza by Nutmeg Nanny

Wanna see how this recipe is made? Well head on over to The Baker Chick and check it out! I’m over there doing a guest post for the totally fabulous Audra. She is a new mommy (#babyhugojames) and I was more than happy to pop in guest post.

Follow the link for the loaded baked potato pizza recipe!

9 Responses to “Loaded Baked Potato Pizza”

Julie — February 21, 2014 at 8:23 am

Holy cow, girl. I’m headed your way for a piece of pizza while we watch the Bachelor. This looks awesome. I mean, cheese, potatoes and bread?? Hello!!

Alanna — February 21, 2014 at 10:13 am

This looks so delicious. I love your blog. So cute and inspirational!

• nutmegnanny replied: — February 21st, 2014 @ 5:07 pm

Thank you so much!

Chelsey — February 21, 2014 at 11:44 am

Great guest post! So yummy! Reminds me of pizza in Europe!

Sasha — February 22, 2014 at 10:02 pm

I guess the carb-on-carb action of potato pizza sounds weird at first, but hey, when have potatoes ever been out of place? This pizza looks fantastic!

Joanne — February 23, 2014 at 8:20 am

Loved seeing you over at Audra’s blog with this crazy awesome pizza! LOADED is right…it’s filled with so many of the good things!

Shannon {Cozy Country Living} — February 26, 2014 at 10:16 am

Wow this looks amazing! What a great idea! This is going on my meal plan for next week:) Pinned!

Tara — February 26, 2014 at 10:17 am

Yup, mashed potato pizza is definitely a thing here. It’s pretty freaking amazing, especially with bacon. Love that you loaded this one up and made it in cast iron – it’s definitely heartier than our suuuuper thin crust New Haven-style pizza but hey, pizza is pizza, so who’s to complain? :)

1. Pingback: Pizza Recipes For Family Fun Night - Moms & Munchkins