Raspberry Amaretto Croissant French Toast

This raspberry amaretto croissant French toast is the perfect Valentine’s Day breakfast. What could be better than buttery fried croissants topped with a sweet raspberry amaretto sauce?

This sweet raspberry amaretto croissant French toast is the perfect Valentine's Day treat. Buttery croissants topped with a quick homemade raspberry sauce.

My husband and I have never been one to go all out on Valentine’s Day. Usually we take turns each year making each other dinner and {if we remember} we buy each other a card. I know, suuuuuuper romantic.

But really, it’s not that we don’t love each other {obvi} we just really hate crowded restaurants so dining out on Valentine’s Day is equivalent to hell on earth. Plus my husband has this big thing about not giving into card maker holidays.

{Looking for a simple Valentine’s Day dessert? Try these cheesecake stuffed strawberries. They are no-bake and everyone is sure to love them!}

This raspberry amaretto croissant French toast is the perfect romantic breakfast. Sweet pan fried croissants topped with a homemade raspberry sauce. What's not to love?

Sometimes if I’m feeling really romantic I will get out of bed early and surprise the hubs with a romantic breakfast. I would serve it in bed but we have this rule about no food in the bedroom because its ability to cause crumbs and who wants crumbs in their bed?

The answer should be no one. No one wants crumbs in their bed. It’s gross.

So yeah, back to the French toast. It’s super simple to make because you use store bought croissants, dip them into a spiced cream mixture and pan fry them to perfection. Then to make things a million times better you top it with homemade raspberry amaretto sauce. It’s the perfect fancy looking {but super simple to make} breakfast recipe.

This raspberry amaretto croissant French toast is the perfect sweet breakfast treat. You'll love the sweet combination of almond, raspberry and buttery croissants.

Raspberry Amaretto Croissant French Toast

This raspberry amaretto croissant French toast is the perfect Valentine's Day breakfast. What could be better than buttery fried croissants topped with a sweet raspberry amaretto sauce?

Yield: 2-4 servings

4 croissants, cut in half
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large eggs
1/4 cup half and half
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons Amaretto, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
2 cups frozen raspberries
2/3 cup brown sugar
Powdered sugar, for topping

Set croissants to the side and melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet set over medium heat.

While the butter melts start making your cream mixture.

In a shallow dish whisk together eggs, half and half, sugar, 2 tablespoons amaretto, vanilla bean paste and apple pie spice.

Quickly dip the sliced croissant into the cream mixture and add to the hot pan with melted butter. Cook until both sides are golden brown.

Continue cooking (adding more unsalted butter to the pan if needed) until all the French toast has been cooked.

While the croissants are cooking make your raspberry topping. In a small sauce pot set over medium heat add frozen raspberries, brown sugar and remaining amaretto. Mix together until the raspberries starts to cook down and the sugar dissolves into the berries. Cook until the mixture is thick and jelly like in texture.

Serve croissant French toast topped with raspberry sauce and sprinkled with powdered sugar.

48 Responses to “Raspberry Amaretto Croissant French Toast”

Emily @ Life on Food — February 9, 2015 at 7:55 am

This breakfast looks like a million bucks. I love it! And your Valentine’s Day traditions are just like mine.

Kristen @ A Mind Full Mom — February 9, 2015 at 7:59 am

I want to take that fork and slice right through that stack of buttery goodness. Oh my does this look incredible!

Beth — February 9, 2015 at 8:00 am

Brandy, oh my goodness, you rocked this one!!! <3

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — February 9, 2015 at 8:01 am

Holy smokes, croissant french toast?! YES!!

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor — February 9, 2015 at 8:40 am

Croissants are pretty much my favorite thing ever! Top them with that raspberry amaretto cream and this is the perfect french toast!

Liz @ Floating Kitchen — February 9, 2015 at 8:52 am

Yeah, crumbs in bed is no bueno. But I could make an exception for this french toast!!

Melanie | Melanie Makes — February 9, 2015 at 8:55 am

How absolutely delicious does this look?! Now I need to find someone to make it for me, stat!

Martha @ A Family Feast — February 9, 2015 at 9:50 am

Oh my…I’m not sure which is making me swoon more – the french toast or that dripping raspberry sauce! P.S. Your husband sounds like mine – hating to pay for over-inflated gifts or dinner on Valentine’s Day… πŸ™‚

Stephanie @ Back for Seconds — February 9, 2015 at 10:30 am

Crumbs in bed are my nightmare. I would be pretty excited to wake up to these though! ….and eat them at the table of course πŸ˜‰ Gorgeous photos!!

meg @ The Housewife in Training FIles — February 9, 2015 at 10:59 am

No crumbs or food ever in the bedroom. My hubs would cause a huge mess. Love him but not the cleanest eater! I think he would get out of bed for this though! Too die for.

Christie — February 9, 2015 at 11:02 am

We don’t bother much with Valentine’s Day either. I would look for any excuse to make this french toast though! It would make any day feel special.

Cookin Canuck — February 9, 2015 at 11:51 am

I’ve decided that I need to be your official recipe tester. You don’t mind if I just sit in your kitchen and taste all of your creations, do you? Because this French toast…wow!

Annie @Maebells — February 9, 2015 at 11:54 am

Just amazing! I want to swim in that sauce!! It sounds incredible!

Lisa @ Healthy Nibbles & Bits — February 9, 2015 at 12:15 pm

This croissant french toast is definitely the perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day breakfast! I’m totally with you on the no crumbs in bed rule! It’s bad enough that I find crumbs on my sofa already!

Angie — February 9, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Those raspberries look so delectable! French toast has got to be my favorite. Unfortunately no one else in my family shares my french toast love!

Cate | Chez CateyLou — February 9, 2015 at 1:08 pm

I am so with you on crumbs in bed – I never really understood the whole breakfast in bed thing! This is the perfect Valentine’s Day breakfast! Delicious, special, and beautiful. I love amaretto!!

Matt Robinson — February 9, 2015 at 2:20 pm

Absolutely incredible, I can’t stop looking at the pictures!

The Food Hunter — February 9, 2015 at 2:43 pm

I love the raspberries on top…such a great idea

Brenda@Sugar-Free Mom — February 9, 2015 at 3:16 pm

My hubby is the same as yours! He boycotts Valentines and would rather stay home only because he thinks it is just so commercial and prices are just hiked up. We might go out the night before or after but not on that day. OH and eating it bed, gross, feel the same way lol!

Ginny McMeans — February 9, 2015 at 3:19 pm

I love the idea of cutting the croissant in half. I would want to eat that raspberry topping with a spoon too!

Annalise @ Completely Delicious — February 9, 2015 at 4:07 pm

Such a decadent breakfast. Perfect for Valentine’s Day!

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — February 9, 2015 at 4:55 pm

I’m realizing more and more people decide to stay home on Valentine’s day. My husband and I have been doing that for years! We don’t like crowded restaurants or “pre-set” menus. Love this french toast – it’s perfect!

Jennifer | Bake or Break — February 9, 2015 at 6:16 pm

You’re killing me with this one, Brandy. So many good things going on here!!!

Ashley | The Recipe Rebel — February 9, 2015 at 6:40 pm

Just gorgeous! Croissant french toast is the best idea ever.

Danae @ Recipe Runner — February 9, 2015 at 7:10 pm

You and your hubs sound like me and mine. Card exchange, make a nice dinner or bring something home and eat it. If my husband knew the first thing about cooking I would demand this french toast for breakfast, it’s absolutely amazing!

Amy @ A Healthy Life For Me — February 9, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Yeah crumbs in the bed…. nah! Your such a good wifey making this for your hubby. He is one lucky man! These look amazing!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance — February 9, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Just the idea of crumbs in bed is making me squirm – bleh! Um, hello some of my favorite things wrapped up in one breakfast package! Raspberry, amaretto, croissants, oh and the apple pie spice you snuck in. Evil genius, I’m going to be dreaming about this until the craving is satisfied.

Kimberly Ann @ Bake Love Give — February 9, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Yes. Everything about this recipe, yes. We totally have the no food in the bedroom rule. I feel like a rebel if even a glass of water strays across borders. I may now firmly believe that every croissant should be made into french toast – this sounds heavenly. πŸ™‚

Heather | girlichef — February 9, 2015 at 9:39 pm

I want that whole plate – that is Valentine’s breakfast perfection. Or Tuesday breakfast perfection. Either way.

Megan {Country Cleaver} — February 9, 2015 at 9:42 pm

Ohhh c’mon it’s not even fair how amazing this looks!!

Jennie @themessybakerblog — February 10, 2015 at 7:09 am

I’d much rather stay home in my pjs and enjoy a home cooked meal than fight the crowds and loud chatter. Give me this for dinner, and I’m good! Pinned.

Shanna @ pineapple and coconut — February 10, 2015 at 2:34 pm

I am totally saving this recipe and showing it to my husband to make me on my birthday/mother’s day. I will eat it and not change out of pajamas all day that day. ha ha ha. This looks so amazing!!

Bea — February 10, 2015 at 2:37 pm

That sounds like us – hate crowded restaurants and it’s the one day when everyone seems to go out. We have never gone out on Vday and let me just admit this right now – never even given each other a card. There is always a card for our girls but not for.

Love your raspberry amaretto french toast. Sounds and looks – as always – fantastic.

Becky | The Cookie Rookie — February 10, 2015 at 3:38 pm

You make the most beautiful recipes!!! Dying to try this one!

Cyndi - My Kitchen Craze — February 10, 2015 at 4:34 pm

This croissant french toast looks amazingly for Valentines Day! And I totally agree about no food in the bedroom. Crumb = gross is right! I need to make these asap! Pinned! πŸ˜‰

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — February 10, 2015 at 9:08 pm

OMG you’re so right haha. Valentine’s Day is equivalent to hell on earth! Well at least when you’re talking about restaurant! I use to wait tables and it was my least favorite day ever!! I’d much rather have breakfast in bed with this french toast!

Kim Beaulieu — February 11, 2015 at 6:18 am

So if you ever want to ditch hubs I’m available. Just putting that out there. I’ll even do dishes. Okay, maybe not dishes, that might be too far. I’ll hire someone to dishes. While you make this. For me. Not hubs. Me.

I’m totally making this on the weekend, but with cherries. I’m a rebel. I know mine won’t be as pretty as yours. You stack like a boss.

Renee - Kudos Kitchen — February 11, 2015 at 9:05 am

Not too decadent, huh? These look crazy good, Brandy! Happy Valentine’s day!

Colleen (Souffle Bombay) — February 11, 2015 at 11:01 am

OhdearLordinHeaven!!!! I am salivating all over myself with this one – you are just crazypants-brilliant and I LOVE it! We are also not that into vday (just w the kiddos). I’m with your hubs on that….tell me you love me with a card on a Tuesday in July is what I say, lol!

LoveCompassionateLee — February 11, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Who needs a night out when you can enjoy this recipe? I would definitely feel loved if someone made this for me on Valentine’s Day. Happy Wednesday πŸ™‚

Lauren@HealthyDelicious — February 11, 2015 at 4:04 pm

OMG that sauce! I want to eat it with a spoon! These look so buttery and syrupy and fabulous.

Jenny Flake — February 11, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Drooling all over my keyboard! Amazingness!!!

Rose | The Clean Dish — February 11, 2015 at 11:27 pm

I agree – most restaurants are just SO crowded on Valentine’s Day! It really takes away from the fun which is why we usually don’t go out either! Your raspberry amaretto sauce — OMG! I can think of many other foods I want to pour if over. As always, I love your photos!!

Joanne — February 13, 2015 at 9:53 am

We don’t do breakfast in bed either (the whole crumbs thing), but we definitely do fancy breakfasts on holidays (and just most weekends in general). This is so droolworthy. I might try to just drink the sauce on it’s own.

Kellie @ The Suburban Soapbox — February 13, 2015 at 9:56 am

I would definitely do the breakfast in bed thing…..I’d just brush them on the floor. But the only way I would ever have breakfast in bed is if I got out of bed, made breakfast and then brought it back to bed with me. Not happening. But I’d make this in a heartbeat!!!

Kate — February 14, 2015 at 12:40 pm

So I just made this for our big valentine brunch celebration. I was expecting it to be good, but this blew my mind. That raspberry sauce is amazing. I subbed almond extract as I didn’t have amaretto. I was worried it would make the recipe less stellar but it worked beautifully.

Definitely one of the best brunch recipes we’ve had (and we brunch A LOT) Thanks so much for sharing.

• nutmegnanny replied: — February 17th, 2015 @ 4:55 pm

Hi Kate! I’m so happy you enjoyed the dish! I could have eaten that sauce with a spoon I loved it so much πŸ™‚

1. Pingback: chocolate scones with strawberry glaze - Heather's French Press