If you ask me, the chicken leg is totally underrated.
It’s both juicy and meaty, packed full of protein and flavor, and not only super easy to cook but oftentimes a very economical part of the chicken.
Trust me, you’re going to love these crispy
Table of Contents
air fryer chicken legs
- Chicken legs with skin – Chicken legs with skin on them will ensure they stay juicy and develop crispy skin in the
- Olive oil – This will help our chicken legs brown nicely and also help the spice blend to adhere to the chicken legs.
- Spice blend – I’ve used a combination of cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, coriander, and turmeric for a bold and vibrant mix of flavors.
- Kosher salt and black pepper – Salt and pepper are necessary for enhancing all of the flavors of the spice blend and the chicken legs.
So you’ve got your main course, now what?
Here are my favorite sides to serve with these juicy
- A beautifully big Baked Sweet Potato
- Some sweet and earthy Simple Roasted Cabbage
- Tasty and flavorful Grilled Mexican Corn
- A hearty side of Instant Pot Baked Beans
Making crispy chicken legs in the oven
Instead of cooking your chicken legs in the
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
Bake for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for another 20 minutes until crispy and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
Air Fryer FAQ
Storage and leftovers
To reheat, simply place on a microwave-safe dish covered loosely with a damp paper towel, and heat for 2-3 minutes until heated thoroughly.
More chicken recipes
- Looking for something hearty and warming? Try my Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Want something spicy and delicious? Try my Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Love using your
air fryer? Try my Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs
- Need a hearty and filling dinner? Try my Creamy Tuscan Chicken
Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Add your chicken legs to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, coriander, turmeric, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the spice mixture over the chicken and toss to combine and coat the chicken legs.
- Add the chicken to the basket of the air fryer, and make sure the chicken is not touching or stacked on top of each other – you may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry at 370 degrees F for 10 minutes, flip the chicken and cook for 10-15 minutes longer until the chicken is 165 degrees F inside.