Looking for a super versatile recipe that can be used as a main course or an appetizer? Well, look no further!
And thanks to the help of our
They’re perfect for pasta, sandwiches, salads, or party appetizers! And the best part is clean-up is a breeze.
Whether you’re in a hurry to get dinner on the table or you need a delicious appetizer for a party, these
Table of Contents
air fryer chicken meatballs
- Breadcrumbs – Breadcrumbs will help the meatballs stay together.
- Lemon zest – lemon zest will add a burst of fresh lemony flavor.
- Kosher salt – Kosher salt is important to help enhance all of the flavors of our
air fryerchicken meatballs.
- Red pepper flakes – Red pepper flakes will add a subtle heat to our meatballs.
- Egg – The egg will help emulsify and bind all of the meatball ingredients.
- Garlic – A classic ingredient that will add earthiness to the meatballs.
- Ground chicken – Our protein of choice for these tasty meatballs.
- Olive oil – A healthy fat that will help add moisture.
I love making up a big batch of meatballs and then freezing and storing them so I can have delicious meatballs whenever I want.
It’s super easy to do!
Simply cook and cool the meatballs completely, and arrange them on a baking sheet (make sure they aren’t touching so they don’t stick together).
Pop the baking sheet into the freezer and freeze the meatballs until solid.
Remove frozen meatballs from the baking sheet, place them in a freezer-safe storage bag, and freeze them for up to 3 months!
There are so many delicious ways to use these
Salads: you could easily toss these
Air Fryer FAQ
Storage and leftovers
To reheat, simply place on a microwave-safe dish covered loosely with a damp paper towel and heat 2-3 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
More meatball recipes
- Looking for a twist on a classic? Try my French Onion Chicken Meatballs
- Craving Thai food? Try my Easy Thai Baked Chicken Meatballs
- Need something Greek? Try my Greek Chicken Meatball Gyros
- Want a classic? Try my Mini Chicken Parmesan Meatball Subs
Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs
- Grease the basket of the air fryer with olive oil spray or brush it with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Next, add the beaten egg and grated garlic. Mix to combine.
- Finally, add the chicken and very gently mix to combine. You don’t want to compact the meat or you’ll end up with dense meatballs.
- Coat your hands with olive oil and scoop out golf ball-sized portions. Roll them into smooth balls and place them in the air fryer, making sure not to overcrowd the basket. I got about 20 meatballs.
- Cook the meatballs at 380 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, or until the outside of the meatballs is golden brown and the inside registers 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Coat the meatballs in the sauce (below) and sprinkle with grated parmesan and flakey sea salt, if using. Enjoy immediately.
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.