Do you need a quick and easy way to make a turkey for this holiday season? Why not try my air fryer turkey breast recipe! Seasoned with garlic and herbs and cooks up in just 35 minutes!
Do you love all things Thanksgiving but are short on time?
Or maybe you’re keeping festivities to a minimum and looking for a small-scale way to celebrate Thanksgiving?
Well, look no further than my air fryer turkey breast!
Not only is it del
What is an air fryer?
An air fryer is basically a tabletop convection oven.
It mimics the outcome of a deep fat fryer but without the use of oil. Hot hair is moved around via a fan that quickly and crisply cooks up the food.
The 2 most common air fryers you’ll see are basket style (that is what I have) or convection/toaster oven style.
There are pluses to both but I personally prefer my basket style.
What is the best air fryer to buy?
My biggest tip when it comes to air fryers is to make sure you pick a style that will work the most for your family and the amount of food you will be cooking.
My large basket-style air fryer can cook up to 12 wings, 2-4 servings of french fries, etc. which work well for my household.
Ingredients to make air fryer turkey breast?
This air fryer turkey breast recipe is super easy to throw together and includes simple easy to find ingredients.
- Boneless turkey breast – I like to use boneless turkey breast instead of bone-in. It cooks up more quickly and evenly than bone-in.
- Unsalted butter & olive oil – The combination of butter and oil helps crisp the skin, keeps the meat moist, and adds great flavor.
- Garlic – Who doesn’t love garlic?
- Rosemary – I really love rosemary for turkey but you could also use thyme, sage, or a combination of all three.
- Kosher salt – Salt is always needed while cooking. It brings out flavor and seasons the bird perfectly!
- Black pepper – Just a touch!
How to do you make turkey breast in the air fryer?
Making this air fryer turkey breast is a breeze!
Plus, it’s a great alternative to making a whole big turkey.
Especially if you’re a white meat lover!
- Lightly oil the air fryer basket
- The reason we spray the air fryer basket is to help keep the turkey from sticking to the inside of the air fryer. Turkey breast is a lean meat so it has very little fat to cook off
- Pat your bird with a papertowel and mix seasoning.
- The reason we pat the bird is to help dry the skin so the turkey breast cooks up perfectly crisp. To season the bird all you need to do is mix the butter with the garlic, herbs and a tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Season the bird
- Gently loosen the skin of the boneless turkey breast and spread 3/4 of the butter mixture under the skin. Doing this helps season the meat and keep the bird moist. Spread the rest of the butter and olive oil over the top of the bird to help create a crisp flavorful skin.
- Time to air fry!
- Add your seasoned bird to the air fryera and cook on 375 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. My boneless turkey breast for this recipe was 4 pounds so if your bird is bigger or smaller you may need to adjust the timing. You’ll want to cook until the bird is 160 degrees F.
- Let the bird rest!
- Gently tent the cooked bird with foil and let rest for a minimum of 10 minutes. This helps the bird stay moist and distribute the juices. Resting also gives the bird time to reach the recommended cooking temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Carve and eat!
- Time to carve and then deviour!
What temperature should a turkey breast be cooked to?
Turkey should always be cooked to 165 degrees F.
I like to pull my boneless turkey breast out of the air fryer at 160 degrees F and let it rest for about 10 minutes to reach 165 degrees F.
I like to my instant-read thermometer to test for doneness.
How much turkey do I need per person?
I love turkey but I’m usually the one at the Thanksgiving table with all. the. sides. piled high on her plate.
However, I know not everyone feels the same way so it’s nice to know how much to plan per person!
For an average adult, I like to plan about 1 to 1.5 pounds of turkey per person.
Of course, you can change the numbers depending on how many adults and children are visiting or whether or not your family are big meat-eaters.
Love this air fryer turkey breast recipe?
Why not try a few of my other Thanksgiving main dish recipes?
- Love all things turkey but don’t have the time? Try my Thanksgiving Turkey Meatloaf.
- Want it all on one sheet pan? Easy Sheet Pan Thanksgiving Dinner.
- Craving tons of flavor? Try my Garlic Herb Maple Roast Turkey.
- How about a turkey that is packed with flavor? Try my Adobo Butter Turkey.
- Need an easy to make Thanksgiving dinner? Try my Sheet Pan Thanksgiving Dinner.
- 1 (4 pound) boneless skin-on turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Spray your air fryer basket with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Pat turkey breast dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl combine butter, 1 tablespoon olive oil, rosemary, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Gently lift the skin of the turkey breast and rub 3/4 of the butter mixture under the skin of the turkey breast. Trying to make sure to evenly disperse under the skin so all the turkey breast gets seasoned.
- Rub the remaining 1/4 of the butter mixture over the whole turkey breast.
- Brush the top of the turkey breast with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place the turkey breast in the air fryer basket, skin side up, and cook at 375 degrees F. for 30-35 minutes or until the inside of the turkey breast reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove the turkey breast from the air fryer, cover in foil, and let rest until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Slice turkey and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.