This herbed mayonnaise roast turkey is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table. Full of orange, sage, rosemary, and thyme it’s super moist and totally easy!
Yep, it’s that time of the year again!
As I have stated in the past – I was almost more of stuffing girl than a turkey girl.
Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE turkey.
BUT carbs and pie usually beat out my love for turkey.
I mean, pie. And yummy magical bread.
What’s not to love.
This year I decided to do something a little different.
I make a lot of roast chicken but since it’s just my husband and I a whole turkey is usually a little too much.
Luckily I scored a tiny turkey and was able to rock the hell out of it.
By the way, do you know how hard it is to find a small turkey?
Seriously. I kept picking up 20-pound birds and thinking to myself “I will be eating turkey for weeks if I buy this. WEEKS!”
My “something different” to this turkey was in the form of mayonnaise.
I have made mayonnaise roasted chicken before this was my first time slathering it on a giant bird.
I also mixed it up with the addition of orange zest and minced sage, thyme, and rosemary.
If you’re thinking to yourself “Ummm, ewww. Mayonnaise and turkey?” stop those thoughts immediately.
This herbed mayonnaise roast turkey does not taste like a giant turkey sandwich.
The mayo helps keep the turkey moist and adds a ton of flavor.
I’m not sure how it works but it just does.
In these situations, I stop asking questions, shut up and just eat.
Love this herbed mayonnaise roast turkey?
Why not try a few of my other turkey recipes?
- Need a small and easy turkey recipe? Try my Air Fryer Turkey Breast.
- Going totalyl non-traditional? Try my Thanksgiving Turkey Meatloaf.
- Love sweet and savory? Try my Garlic Herb Maple Roast Turkey.
- Want all the flavor? Try my Adobo Butter Turkey.
Herbed Mayonnaise Roast Turkey
This herbed mayonnaise roast turkey is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table. Full of orange, sage, rosemary, and thyme it's super moist and totally easy!
- 1 (10 pound) fresh thawed turkey
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 oranges, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove giblets from the inside of the turkey and add turkey to your roasting pan.
- Using a paper towel lightly dry off the turkey skin.
- In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, orange zest, rosemary, thyme, sage, and orange juice.
- Rub the mayonnaise mixture over the entire turkey and inside the cavity. I use my hands for this job because it is the easiest way to coat the entire turkey.
- Sprinkle the turkey with kosher salt and pepper.
- Stuff the cavity with orange wedges and any remaining fresh herbs you might have.
- If you're using a popup timer simply place it into the meaty part of the breast. Press down into the turkey until the timer is flush with the skin.
- Add turkey to the oven and cook for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F. Lower temperature to 350 degrees F and cook until timer pops up or internal temperature is 180 degrees F.
- If the top of your turkey gets too browned while cooking simply tent it with foil for a bit then remove the foil to continue browning until fully cooked.
- Let your turkey rest for at least 30 minutes (I usually let mine rest for about an hour) then carve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 302mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
Saturday 26th of November 2022
Would love to hear results from the people who tried this. Anyone?
Turkey Wild Rice Chili - Nutmeg Nanny
Wednesday 23rd of November 2022
[…] had made a Herbed Mayonnaise Roast Turkey a few weeks before so I had time to make this soup BUT there is nothing like a proper turkey on […]
Garlic Herb Maple Roast Turkey - Nutmeg Nanny
Tuesday 19th of July 2022
[…] Want something herbaceous? Try my Herbed Mayonnaise Roast Turkey […]
Sunday 28th of January 2018
How do you order those pop-up cooking thermometers.
Turkey Wild Rice Chili - Nutmeg Nanny
Friday 28th of November 2014
[…] sun (and watching Netflix and working) I was a little bummed I missed Thanksgiving. I had made a mayonnaise roasted turkey a few weeks before so I had time to make this soup BUT there is nothing like a proper turkey on […]