These apple butter honey mustard chicken wings are easy to make, delicious and are the perfect football food. The wings are baked until crispy (no messy frying!) and basted in a homemade apple butter honey mustard sauce. You’re going to love these wings!
It’s that time of the year again.
You know the time – football time!
Ok, well, to be honest, I’m pretty sure it’s been football season for a while BUT I really don’t pay attention to things unless it is somehow related to food.
I’m the worst sportsperson ever.
Funny enough when I first started dating my husband I tried to pretend I liked sports in order to lure him in. It sorta worked BUT since I didn’t want to build our relationship on lies I finally fessed up.
Don’t worry – he never believed me anyway.
Besides, who needs all the sports nonsense when you can devour the sports party food?
LIKE delicious chicken wings basted in a homemade apple butter honey mustard sauce.
It’s amazing y’all.
I have a thing for chicken wings but that’s just because they are pretty much the best thing ever.
I almost always bake them in the oven or grill them.
I never bother with frying because frying is just not my thing.
I mean, I fry sometimes BUT really only when it rewards in donuts.
Plus, baking chicken wings makes them come out super crispy and we are all about the crispy skin – am I right?
Now, this sauce is the best combo of sweet and tangy.
I really love the addition of spicy brown mustard but if you don’t have that on hand you can always use whole grain or even Dijon mustard.
Of course, the best part is the Musselman’s apple butter. It’s like the best most apple packed spread EVER!
Growing up we ate it a lot on bread but as an adult, I lean towards using it in a lot of savory dishes.
Love these apple butter honey mustard chicken wings?
Want to give my other wing recipes a try too?
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
- Wild Blueberry BBQ Chicken Wings
- Cool Ranch Chicken Wings
- Spicy Peanut Butter Chicken Wings
- Buttermilk Southwestern Chicken Wings
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Chicken Wings
- Baked Garlic Buffalo Wings
- 24 chicken drummettes
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Minced cilantro, for topping
- Honey granules, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat liner.
- Add chicken wings to the prepared baking sheet, bake for 15 minutes, flip sides, and back for another 15 minutes. (If your chicken wings are on the smaller size cut down the cooking time to 10 minutes per side.)
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the sauce.
- Mix apple butter, honey, spicy brown mustard, chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Taste and add a little more salt if needed.
- Remove chicken from the oven and baste the chicken wings with the sauce and place back in the oven.
- I sauced mine on both sides about 2-3 times so they were saucy. Watch your wings while in the oven as they can burn very quickly.
- Serve them with a sprinkling of cilantro and honey granules.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 21g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.