These air fryer garlic Parmesan chicken wings cook up perfectly in the air fryer and are tossed in a garlicky Parmesan sauce. You’ll love how easy and delicious these wings cook up!
If you’re looking for the BEST way to make chicken wings I need to introduce you to the air fryer!
Air fryer chicken wings cook up so CRISPY and the best part is that they don’t make a mess or require me to turn on the oven or the grill.
When it’s 105 degrees F outside I’m always happy for alternate cooking appliances.
I not only made these wings extra crispy I also tossed them in a delicious garlic Parmesan sauce.
Trust me, if you like garlic (and salty yummy Parmesan cheese) you’ll love these wings!
What is an air fryer?
An air fryer is basically a tabletop convection oven.
It mimics the outcome of a deep fat fryer but without the use of oil. Hot hair is moved around via a fan that quickly and crisply cooks up the food.
The 2 most common air fryers you’ll see are basket style (that is what I have) or convection/toaster oven style. There are pluses to both but I personally prefer my basket style.
What is the best air fryer to buy?
My biggest tip when it comes to air fryers is to make sure you pick a style that will work the most for your family and the amount of food you will be cooking.
My large basket-style air fryer can cook up to 12 wings, 2-4 servings of french fries, etc. which work well for my household.
Can I bake these in the oven?
Of course! If you want to do them in the oven you should follow the directions on my other post – baked garlic buffalo wings.
That post will walk you through how to properly bake your chicken wings so they turn out extra crispy and delicious.
You’ll still want to heat up the garlic Parmesan sauce either on the stovetop and then toss or heat in the microwave and toss.
Either way will give you a delicious chicken wing but the air fryer method is the least amount of work.
Love these air fryer garlic Parmesan chicken wings?
Why not try a few of my other delicious air fryer recipes?!
- Air Fryer Juicy Lucy Burger
- Air Fryer Peach Fritters
- Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer French Fries
- 12 chicken drumettes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Add chicken drumettes to the basket of your air fryer and cook for 8 minutes.
- Flip the chicken drumettes and cook for another 8 minutes.
- At this point, the wings should be crispy and fully cooked. If they are not crispy or fully cooked (this can happen depending on the size of the drumettes) cook for another 2 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking melt the butter, olive oil, and garlic in a 12-inch skillet set over medium heat.
- When the mixture is warm and the garlic is fragrant remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese and minced parsley.
- Add the cooked wings to the garlic Parmesan mixture and toss to combine.
- Enjoy hot.
- You can also melt the butter and heat the olive oil in the microwave if you don't want to use the range.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 818Total Fat: 69gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 176mgSodium: 932mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 32g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.