If you’re looking for the BEST way to make chicken wings, I need to introduce you to the air fryer!
Air fryer chicken wings cook up so CRISPY, and the best part is that they don’t make a mess or require me to turn on the oven or the grill.
When it’s 105 degrees F outside, I’m always happy for alternate cooking appliances.
I not only made these wings extra crispy but also tossed them in a delicious garlic Parmesan sauce.
Trust me, if you like garlic, and salty, yummy Parmesan cheese, you’ll love these wings!
Table of Contents
air fryer garlic parmesan chicken wings
- Chicken drumettes – I like to use drummettes because I like the mix of flat and drumstick pieces. You could also use traditional chicken wings.
- Olive oil – This brings flavor and moisture to the sauce.
- Unsalted butter – Just a touch of rich buttery flavor which works well for the sauce.
- Garlic – This is one of the main flavors for the chicken wings. You can mince your garlic fresh or buy it pre-minced.
- Parmesan cheese – I like using grated Parmesan as it melts quickly into the sauce and coats the wings well.
- Parsley – Helps bring color and a touch of flavor.
Air Fryer FAQ
Baking chicken wings in the oven
Of course! If you want to bake them, follow the directions in my other post, Baked Garlic Buffalo Wings.
That post will teach you how to cook chicken wings properly to make them extra crispy and delicious.
You’ll still want to heat the garlic Parmesan sauce either on the stovetop and then toss or heat it in the microwave and toss.
Either way will give you a delicious chicken wing, but the
air fryer recipes
Why not try a few of my other delicious
- Love a good burger? Try my Air Fryer Juicy Lucy Burger
- Craving a crunchy snack? Try my Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Want an easy hot dog recipe? Try my Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Need even more garlic in your life? Try my Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer French Fries
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 12 chicken drumettes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Add chicken drumettes to the basket of your air fryer and cook for 8 minutes.
- Flip the chicken drumettes and cook for another 8 minutes.
- At this point, the wings should be crispy and fully cooked. If they are not crispy or fully cooked (this can happen depending on the size of the drumettes) cook for another 2 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking melt the butter, olive oil, and garlic in a 12-inch skillet set over medium heat.
- When the mixture is warm and the garlic is fragrant remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese and minced parsley.
- Add the cooked wings to the garlic Parmesan mixture and toss to combine.
- Enjoy hot.
- You can also melt the butter and heat the olive oil in the microwave if you don’t want to use the range.