This super simple chicken souvlaki pizza is perfect for the quick weeknight rush. It put together whole wheat dough topped with chicken, feta, tzatziki sauce, and cucumber!
Greek food is one of my favorite types of food! I could eat Greek food any time of day, in any form.
I love serving up my Chicken Souvlaki Burgers at summertime parties, and my Greek Chicken Meatball Gyros make the perfect meal for lunchtime.
This chicken souvlaki pizza is a great way to make pizza, and make it Greek!
Juicy chicken, creamy tzatziki, and fresh lemon on top of a whole wheat crust all come together with crumbled feta and spicy red onion.
Chicken souvlaki pizza will be your family’s new favorite way to eat pizza!
Ingredients for chicken souvlaki pizza
- Cucumber – Fresh and clean, cucumber is a classic ingredient in this sauce.
- Greek yogurt – Greek yogurt is thicker than traditional yogurt.
- Garlic – Garlic provides pungent and earthy flavors.
- Lemon juice – Bright and fresh, lemon juice provides a great citrus flavor.
- Herbs – Mint and dill are classic herbs in tzatziki sauce.
- Olive oil – Fruity and green, olive oil is our choice of fat here.
- Dried oregano – Oregano is grassy and herbaceous, and a classic Greek flavor.
- Lemon juice – A bright and fresh citrus. Feel free to substitute lime juice.
- Salt – A necessary ingredient to help bring out all of the flavors.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts – Lean and tender, boneless skinless chicken breasts are the best choice for our pizza.
- Whole wheat pizza dough – I love the chewy, nutty flavor of whole wheat. But feel free to substitute white pizza dough.
- Olive oil – Used to add moisture here. Be sure to use a good olive oil!
- Feta cheese – Feta is a Greek brined white cheese made from sheep’s milk.
- Red onion – Red onions have a strong, pungent bite.
- English cucumber – Fresh and clean, English cucumber gives a great crunch on our pizza.
- Cherry tomatoes – Sweet, and juicy, these little gems are perfect on top!
What is souvlaki?
Souvlaki is a Greek food that usually consists of grilled, marinated meats (like beef, lamb, or chicken,) that are often served on skewers.
It is often served with fresh pita bread, or crispy potatoes.
With this souvlaki chicken pizza, we’ve taken the flavors of traditional souvlaki, and put them on top of a pizza crust!
Keep it simple!
If you’re in a crunch for time, buying store-bought is the way to go!
Most major grocery stores carry fresh pizza dough.
You can even go to your favorite pizzeria and ask them to sell you some fresh pizza dough as well!
You can also find premade tzatziki sauce in most deli sections of grocery stores these days.
Storage and leftovers
This pizza does not store well for leftovers because the toppings, when left to sit overnight, will make the crust soggy and wet.
I like to make only as much as I plan on eating and serving the day-of.
More pizza recipes
- Looking for a fun appetizer? Try my Air Fryer Pizza Hot Pockets.
- Want more chicken pizzas? Try my Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza.
- Craving something sweet and fruity? Try my Fig Caramelized Onion Pizza.
- Love feta on your pizza? Try my Zucchini Corn Feta Pizza.
Chicken Souvlaki Pizza
This super simple chicken souvlaki pizza is perfect for the quick weeknight rush. Whole wheat dough topped with chicken, feta, tzatziki sauce and cucumber.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 pound whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup diced red onion (you can also do sliced)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/4-1/3 cup tzatziki sauce
For tzatziki sauce:
- 1 cup shredded cucumber
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, oregano, lemon juice and kosher salt.
Add in cubed chicken breast, stir to combine and let marinade for 30 minutes.
Once the chicken has marinaded add the chicken to a non-stick skillet set over medium high heat.
Cook until just lightly browned on the outside, about 3 minutes. Don't worry if the chicken is still a little pink. It will finish getting cooked in the oven.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Stretch dough as thin as possible onto a silpat lined baking sheet. This is my preferred method because you do not have to worry about having cornmeal on hand.
Lightly coat the dough with olive oil and sprinkle the pizza with 1/2 cup feta cheese.
Top the cheese with chicken, red onions and cherry tomatoes.
Bake for 15-18 minutes until the dough is fully cooked and the top is just lightly golden.
Remove pizza from the oven, top with remaining 1/4 cup feta cheese and diced cucumber.
Drizzle with desired amount of tzatziki sauce.
For tzatziki sauce:
Add shredded cucumber to a colander, sprinkle with salt and toss to coat evenly.
Let the cucumber sit (I leave my colander in the sink) for about 30 minutes to help draw some the water out of the cucumber. I like to press the cucumber agains the colander just to get as much water out as possible.
In a medium sized mixing bowl add salted cucumber, Greek yogurt, grated garlic, lemon juice, minced dill and minced mint. Stir together to combine. Keep cold until ready to use.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 743Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 1207mgCarbohydrates: 91gFiber: 16gSugar: 7gProtein: 48g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
Saturday 23rd of January 2021
You HAVE to use boneless chicken thighs.....forget about breasts.....too dry no flavour.
Trust me on this. Otherwise looks good!
77 Epic Homemade Pizzas You Need to Try | Miss Wish
Tuesday 6th of October 2015
[…] Chicken Souvlaki Pizza […]
30 healthy cucumber recipes - Healthy Seasonal Recipes
Friday 18th of July 2014
[…] 27. Nutmeg Nanny | Chicken Souvlaki Pizza […]
Gluten Free Chicken Tikka Masala Pizza - Nutmeg Nanny
Friday 20th of June 2014
[…] have had a thing for pizza lately. Last week it was chicken souvlaki pizza and this week it’s chicken tikka masala pizza….hello […]
A Spicy Perspective How to Make Pizza Dough (From Scratch)
Tuesday 17th of June 2014
[…] Chicken Souvlaki Pizza – Nutmeg Nanny […]