This copycat roasted garlic chicken pizza reminds me of my favorite California Pizza Kitchen pizza. So full of garlic flavor and ready in just 30 minutes.
Are you on pizza overload?
I feel like I have made a ton of new pizza recipes for the blog lately but I just can’t help it. I freaking love pizza.
Plus it’s always so easy to make and ready in 30 minutes.
How can you ever go wrong with a recipe like that? The answer is that you cannot. You cannot go wrong with fast food.
Well, fast food made at your house.
You get it.
This pizza is a copycat of one I used to buy from California Pizza Kitchen.
I had to start making it at home when they decided to just rudely one day stop making it.
I was devastated.
But, then I made my homemade version and my mind was blown.
This pizza is where it’s at! So full of flavor and ready in just about 30 minutes!
Who doesn’t love cheese, roasted garlic, chicken, and lots of fresh herbs?
Is it easy to make homemade pizza?
Like so so so so easy! And if you don’t feel like making your own dough (I rarely do) you can easily find raw pizza dough inside almost every grocery store.
The biggest tip I have is to leave your dough to sit out for a few hours so it’s not as hard to shape.
Cold dough will give you a heck of time by pulling back but once the dough is a bit more room temperature it will shape out pretty nicely.
And you don’t need anything fancy like a pizza stone in order to make quality pizza at home. I make mine almost exclusively on my sheet pans or in my cast iron skillets.
Keep it simple and you’ll love the turnout!
What is roasted garlic?
Roasted garlic is simply garlic that has been slowly roasted in the oven until it becomes soft, caramelized, and spreadable.
It’s honestly one of the best things on earth!
You can easily make it at home or sometimes find it in the grocery store pre-made. If you opt to make it at home just know your whole house will smell delicious like garlic.
More delicious pizza recipes!
- Want a twist to a classic? Try my Smoked Mozzarella Pizza.
- Use that cast iron skillet! Try my Sausage Broccoli Rabe Skillet Pizza.
- Craving something a little different? Try my Fig Caramelized Onion Pizza.
- Love a sweet and savory combo? Try my BBQ Hawaiian Pizza.
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 cloves roasted garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with a Silpat liner.
- Spread out dough onto the Silpat and set aside.
- In a small skillet set over medium-high heat add a little drizzle of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot add in diced chicken and season with a little kosher salt and pepper. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. It's ok for the chicken to still be pink in the middle you're just getting the outside a little browned.
- In a small bowl add olive oil and roasted garlic cloves.
- Mix together until the garlic cloves are mashed and the mixture is somewhat smooth.
- Spread roasted garlic mixture over the top of the pizza dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the dough.
- Top with 1 cup shredded cheese, prepared chicken, sprinkle with garlic powder, and 1/2 of the chopped oregano.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Add to the oven and cook for about 15 minutes until the cheese is browned and the dough is fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with remaining oregano and serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 547Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 811mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 27g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.