This copycat roasted garlic chicken pizza reminds me of my favorite California Pizza Kitchen pizza. So full of garlic flavor and ready in just 30 minutes.
Are you on pizza overload?
I feel like I have made a ton of new pizza recipes for the blog lately but I just can’t help it. I freaking love pizza.
Plus, it’s always so easy to make and ready in 30 minutes.
How can you ever go wrong with a recipe like that? The answer is that you cannot. You cannot go wrong with fast food.
Well, fast food made at your house.
You get it.
This pizza is a copycat of one I used to buy from California Pizza Kitchen.
I had to start making it at home when they decided to just rudely one day stop making it.
I was devastated.
But then I made my homemade version, and my mind was blown.
This pizza is where it’s at! It is full of flavor and ready in just about 30 minutes!
Who doesn’t love cheese, roasted garlic, chicken, and fresh herbs?
Table of Contents
Is it easy to make homemade pizza?
Like so so so so easy! And if you don’t feel like making your own dough (I rarely do) you can easily find raw pizza dough inside almost every grocery store.
My biggest tip is to leave your dough to sit out for a few hours so it’s not as hard to shape.
Cold dough will give you a heck of time by pulling back, but once the dough is a bit warmer at room temperature, it will shape out nicely.
And you don’t need anything fancy like a pizza stone to make quality pizza at home. I make mine almost exclusively on my sheet pans or cast iron skillets.
Keep it simple, and you’ll love the turnout!
What is roasted garlic?
Roasted garlic has been slowly roasted in the oven until it becomes soft, caramelized, and spreadable.
It’s honestly one of the best things on earth!
You can easily make it at home or find it pre-made in the grocery store. If you make it at home, know your whole house will smell delicious, like garlic.
More delicious pizza recipes!
- Want a twist to a classic? Try my Smoked Mozzarella Pizza.
- Use that cast iron skillet! Try my Sausage Broccoli Rabe Skillet Pizza.
- Craving something a little different? Try my Fig Caramelized Onion Pizza.
- Love a sweet and savory combo? Try my BBQ Hawaiian Pizza.
Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with a Silpat liner.
- Spread out dough onto the Silpat and set aside.
- In a small skillet set over medium-high heat add a little drizzle of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot add in diced chicken and season with a little kosher salt and pepper. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. It’s ok for the chicken to still be pink in the middle you’re just getting the outside a little browned.
- In a small bowl add olive oil and roasted garlic cloves.
- Mix together until the garlic cloves are mashed and the mixture is somewhat smooth.
- Spread roasted garlic mixture over the top of the pizza dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the dough.
- Top with 1 cup shredded cheese, prepared chicken, sprinkle with garlic powder, and 1/2 of the chopped oregano.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Add to the oven and cook for about 15 minutes until the cheese is browned and the dough is fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with remaining oregano and serve hot.