This easy strawberry cheesecake Danish bakes up in just 20 minutes and gives you all the breakfast pastry flavor you crave. You’ll love how easy this delicious treat is to make!
If there is one thing I love it’s all things strawberry and it’s all things cheesecake.
In fact, years ago I made these cheesecake stuffed strawberries and ever since then I’m all about this flavor combination.
This super easy strawberry cheesecake Danish is a great way to start the day and packed with flavor.
I used puff pastry so the Danish would bake up flakey and keep it easy to make.
Plus, if you’re a fan of starting your day off with a bit of sweetness you’ll LOVE how simple this Danish is to put together.
What is a breakfast Danish?
A Danish pastry is a simple breakfast pastry is a laminated treat that is very popular across Europe – especially Denmark.
It’s usually made with fresh fruits, jams, or cream cheese.
For this recipe I took 2 delicious flavors, sweetened cream cheese and strawberries, and combined them to make a delicious strawberry cheesecake combination.
Can I use a different fruit instead of strawberries?
If you’re not a fan of strawberries you could easily use blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries.
Since some fresh fruit is not available year round you could also top the cream cheese with fruit jam or swirl the fruit jam into the cream cheese mixture.
Both options would be delicious!
What is puff pastry?
Puff pastry is a laminated dough that is made with lots of cold butter.
It can be a handful to make (especially if there is high humidity or it’s hot outside) so I almost always buy it in the store.
Where can I find puff pastry?
You can find puff pastry in almost any grocery store in the freezer section. It is typically found near frozen desserts and frozen pie crusts.
The most common brand I see in the grocery store is Pepperridge Farm but if you’re lucky you can find some really high end French puff pastry brands at stores like Whole Foods and Trader Joes.
You want to make sure you keep your puff pastry cold as you use it so it bakes up flakey and crisp.
How can I store leftover breakfast Danish?
You’ll want to store any leftover Danish in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
I like to store them in the refrigerator because of the addition of cream cheese.
Love this easy strawberry cheesecake Danish?
Why not try a few of my other delicious strawberry recipes?!
- No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Vanilla Bean Strawberry Jam
- Vanilla Bean Pickled Strawberries
- No Bake Strawberry Tartlets
- 1 packages (2 sheets) puff pastry, thawed but still cold
- 1 (8 ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups finely chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat liners.
- Unroll the puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface and slice in half lengthwise.
- Cut each strip into quarters so you have 8 large rectangles. Repeat with the second sheet of pastry.
- Using a paring knife, create a 1/2 inch border around the edge of each piece of puff pastry. Make sure to not cut all the way through!
- Poke the center square of the puff pastry a few times with a fork, this will ensure the edges rise, but not the center. This helps hold the filling of the Danish.
- In a small mixing bowl add cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla bean paste. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In another small bowl stir together diced strawberries, dark brown sugar, and lemon juice.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture between the pieces of puff pastry, making sure to only fill within the middle border. Smooth out the cream cheese in the middle as best as you can.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture over top the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- Puff pastry is a flakey dough that can be found at most grocery stores in the frozen dessert aisle.
- You can use vanilla extract in place of vanilla bean paste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.