A sweet fall Honeycrisp apple sangria that combines fresh-picked apples, honey, cinnamon, and white wine. A beautiful cinnamon sugar rim tops it off.
I have often associated sangria with summer.
There is just something about that fruity sweet wine mixed with delicious liquor-soaked fruit and sings outside summer party.
As I stared at a bowl full of Honeycrisp apples I knew I had to do something with them before they went to waste.
I searched online and found a lovely autumn-inspired sangria.
It mixes deep fragrant flavors of cinnamon, ginger, and cloves with light crisp citrus flavors.
It would be perfect for a party and even better for a girl’s night!
My favorite part of the sangria was munching on the apples that were leftover. Amazing!
The great thing about using Honeycrisp apples is that they are crisp (the name really does fit the product), hold up great to soaking, and still keep some of their natural sweetness.
If you are planning a party I seriously recommend making this.
I used one of my favorite un-oaked chardonnays (Wishing Tree) but feel free to use whatever un-oaked you prefer.
- 2 honeycrisp apples
- One 750-milliliter bottle un-oaked Chardonnay
- 1/2 cup peach schnapps
- 1/4 cup orange blossom honey
- 2 oranges- 1 quartered
- 1 lemon - quartered
- 1 lime - quartered
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 quarter-size slices of fresh ginger
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Club soda
- Peel, core, and chop one of the apples.
- In a pitcher, combine the Chardonnay, schnapps, and honey. Add the quartered orange, lemon, lime, cinnamon sticks, chopped apple, ginger, and cloves and refrigerate overnight. (If you don't want to wait that long at least give it 4 hours)
- Strain the sangria into another pitcher.
- Peel, core and finely chop the remaining apple.
- Peel, section, and chop the remaining orange.
- Mix the apple and orange in a bowl.
- On a small plate, blend the sugar and cinnamon.
- Moisten the rims of wine glasses and dip in the cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Fill the glasses with ice.
- Pour in the sangria until three-quarters full.
- Top with a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with a spoonful of the chopped apple and orange.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 24gProtein: 1g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.