These peanut butter Nutella Rice Krispie treats are super delicious! You’re going to love how easy these treats are to make and they are ready in just 20 minutes! Plus to top them off I drizzled them with dark chocolate.
Rice Krispie treats remind me of being a kid.
I feel like it’s the type of sweet treat you find at every single birthday party or baking fundraiser.
They were guaranteed to be delicious and soooooooo easy to make.
Now that I’m an adult I still have a love for all the crispy treats BUT I want to jazz them up with other goodies. In this case, those goodies come in the form of peanut butter and Nutella.
Smooth delicious peanut butter mixed with gooey marshmallows and creamy chocolate hazelnut spread.
Sweet baby J – YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Also, I like my Rice Krispie treats extra large and extra thick. (That’s what she said?) so I used more marshmallows than normal treats and threw in a bunch of cereal.
The workout you get stirring it all together is almost like going to the gym but then it’s canceled out by eating half the tray of crispy treats.
Now, if you’re not a fan of peanut butter it’s cool because you can also just use a full one cup of Nutella.
I have made them both ways but I just really have a soft spot for the whole peanut butter chocolate mix. Oh, and that dark chocolate drizzle on the top is optional BUT not really. I think it adds a nice hit of extra chocolate flavor that I’m 100% on board with.
Also, if you’re into that whole March Madness thing these peanut butter Nutella rice Krispie treats are perfect for parties OR for eating the whole tray alone while sitting in front of the TV watching non-stop basketball #chocolateoverload
Love these peanut butter Nutella Rice Krispie treats?
Why not try a few of my other delicious dessert recipes!
- Salted Nut Roll Bars
- Peanut Butter Marshmallow Krispie Topped Brownies
- Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 2 tablespoons melted chocolate
- Line a 9x9 dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large pan with high sides add butter and set over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted add marshmallows.
- Stir with a silicone spatula until they have melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the peanut butter and Nutella. Keep stirring until the mixture has totally combined.
- Add in the cereal and stir to combine. This step will make your arm burn but just keep stirring until combined. I like to continue to use my silicone spatula so the mixture won't stick.
- Add the cereal mixture to the prepared pan and lightly press into the pan to make the top even. Don't press too hard because if you compact them too tightly they come out hard.
- Drizzle the top with melted chocolate and let it harden, at least an hour, before cutting and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.