This post is sponsored by Ghirardelli, all opinions are my own.
Need an easy and quick holiday sweet treat? Well, look no further than these salted peanut clusters! Sweet Ghirardelli White Vanilla Melting Wafers are mixed with salted peanuts and topped with colorful holiday sprinkles.
When it comes to holiday baking I’m all about it!
In fact, I’m the type of person who goes around delivering obnoxiously large platters of cookies and candies to all my neighbors at Christmas time.
So, while I always include my staple classics like my chewy caramel oatmeal bars (made with Ghirardelli bittersweet 60% cacao baking chips!), buckeyes, and my brown sugar pecan toffee I’m always on the lookout for quick and easy candy recipes to add to my holiday rotation.
That’s why I’m teaming up with Ghirardelli to show off their white vanilla melting wafers!
They help to make these salted peanut clusters recipes so fast and easy!
Plus, they look super festive with a sprinkle or two of red and green sprinkles!
What are white vanilla melting wafers?
Ghirardelli White Vanilla Melting Wafers are the perfect ingredient to help you dip or coat your holiday treats.
They melt down super smooth and work great for not just these salted peanut clusters but also for dipping cookies, pretzels, or even drizzling over popcorn!
Where can I find Ghirardelli White Vanilla Melting Wafers?
You’ll likely find them in the baking aisle or near where you would find holiday baking ingredients.
While you’re there make sure to be on the lookout for a few of my other favorite Ghirardelli products like their peppermint bark squares, chocolate caramel squares, or their bittersweet 60% cacao baking chips!
What are the best nuts to use for these salted peanut clusters?
For this recipe, I kept it simple by using dry roasted salted peanuts.
They are super easy to find and can be bought at almost any grocery store. You will typically find peanuts near where you would find mixed nuts, popcorn, and snacks.
If you’re not a fan of peanuts you could substitute in cashews or even almonds.
If you love all nuts why not make these nut clusters with a mix of your favorite nuts like almonds, cashews, pecans, hazelnuts, and macadamia nuts?
What’s the best way to store these peanut clusters?
I store all my holiday candy in airtight containers in a cool room for up to 2 weeks.
If I have the time I will sometimes make them about a month before Christmas and store them in the freezer.
Just note that if you store them in the freezer the sprinkles can run a little when they defrost.
What other ways can I use vanilla melting wafers?
While I think one of the best ways to use these melting wafers is in these salted peanut clusters you can use them for so much more!
- Pretzels – dip pretzel rods and roll in sprinkles!
- Ginger cookies – drizzle or dip in half to enjoy the vanilla ginger combo!
- Popcorn – drizzle onto freshly popped popcorn for a subtle sweetness.
- Chocolate sandwich cookies – try covering your favorite store-bought cookie for a quick festive cookie tray addition!
- Cake – dress up any holiday cake with a drizzle!
Love these salted peanut clusters?
Why not try a few of my other holiday candy recipes?
- Want a twist to a classic candy recipe? Try my homemade maple peanut brittle.
- Need a popcorn recipe with a Christmas touch? Try my peppermint bark popcorn.
- Love toffee? Try my brown sugar pecan toffee.
- Craving some pretzels? Try my candy cane pretzel buttons.
- Feeling nutty? Try my praline pecans.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Ghirardelli white melting wafers
- 8 ounces salted dry roasted peanuts
- Red sprinkles, optional
- Green sprinkles, optional
- Melt white vanilla melting wafers according to bag directions.
- Once melted add in peanuts and stir to combine.
- Lay out parchment paper and spoon 2 tablespoon-sized clusters onto the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles and let harden, about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy once fully cooked and set up.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.