These yummy sausage cheese balls are made from savory pork sausage, cheddar cheese, and Bisquick baking mix!
Budgeting is hard, especially during the holidays when there are a lot of parties to go to!
But what if I told you, by using only 3 simple, affordable ingredients, you could have the best appetizer at your next holiday party without breaking the bank?
These sausage cheese balls are equal parts savory, cheesy, and scrumptious! (And super easy to put together, too!)
They’re made with only 3 ingredients: pork sausage, cheddar cheese, and Bisquick baking mix.
They come together to form the cutest, most delicious snack that everyone will love.
So don’t fret during the holidays because this simple appetizer will become your favorite recipe to wow everyone!
Ingredients for sausage cheese balls
- Savory pork sausage – Be sure to use breakfast sausage, and feel free to use either spicy or sweet varieties.
- Bisquick baking mix – Bisquick baking mix helps keep these sausage balls fluffy and light!
- Cheddar cheese – Cheddar cheese will melt up in these sausage cheese balls beautifully.
Add a little spice
Who doesn’t love adding a little more pizzazz?
To this recipe, add ½ tsp garlic powder, and a pinch of cayenne pepper (or ½ of a finely diced jalapeño) to really highlight the flavors of the sausage!
You can make these sausage cheese balls ahead of time and store them in the freezer so they’re ready for your next party!
Simply make the balls as directed, and freeze them on a baking sheet until frozen solid. Place the frozen balls in a zip-top bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To bake from frozen, let thaw slightly on a baking sheet at room temperature for about 20 minutes, and then bake as directed.
Cheddar cheese is classic for these sausage cheese balls, but feel free to use your favorite or a blend!
Here are some great alternatives:
- Smoked gouda
- Monterey Jack
- Pepper jack
Storage and leftovers
Any leftover sausage cheese balls can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More snack recipes
- Looking to feed a big crowd? Try my Ultimate Italian Antipasto Platter
- Love a good dip? Try my French Onion Dip
- Need a classic appetizer? Try my Classic Deviled Eggs
- Craving a good fall flavor? Try my Easy Pumpkin Hummus
Sausage Cheese Balls
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 bag (8 ounces) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sausage, shredded cheese, and baking mix. Make sure to combine the mixture gently, without packing it too tightly.
- Scoop the mixture into 1 tablespoon-sized balls and place them on the parchment-lined baking sheet. I use a cookie scoop to ensure that all of the balls are the same size.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the balls are golden brown and the internal temperature registers 145 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the sausage cheese balls from the oven and place them on a paper towel to drain any excess grease.
- Serve either warm or at room temperature with a garnish of fresh parsley or rosemary.
- Store any leftover sausage balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.