These spiced pumpkin madeleines are beautiful, tasty, soft, and sweet, full of pumpkin spice, and delicately dipped in white chocolate.
Love to impress your guests during the holidays?
These adorable spiced pumpkin madeleines have a crisp exterior and soft crumb interior, full of pumpkin puree and warm pumpkin spice. Then to top it off, they’re dipped in sweet white chocolate for an added subtle sweetness.
They are the perfect way to begin a fall-inspired brunch, or end a delicious holiday dinner!
Trust me, you’re going to love serving up this classic French dessert to your friends and family.
Ingredients for spiced pumpkin madeleines
- Eggs – Eggs help to emulsify and bring the batter together.
- Pumpkin pie spice – Feel free to use homemade or your favorite store-bought variety.
- Pumpkin puree – This will add pumpkin flavor and moisture to our cookies
- All-purpose flour – A simple baking ingredient that helps hold your cookie together.
- Unsalted butter – This is the fat of choice for our madeleines, to add moisture.
- Granulated sugar – To add sweetness.
- Kosher salt – Even baked goods need salt to help enhance all of the delicious flavors.
- White chocolate – This will be used to drizzle or dip the finished cookies to add another layer of flavor and sweetness.
What is a madeleine?
Besides being seriously delicious, a madeleine is a French cookie that has a crisp exterior and soft interior.
The batter is more cake-like, but when baked in the special madeleine pan, firms up and becomes delicately crispy (like a cookie) on the outside.
What is a madeleine pan?
A madeleine pan is a specialty pan used to make this specific type of cookie and can be found in most major kitchen supply stores.
It’s a metal pan that has shell shapes to hold the cookie batter.
Once baked, the madeleine cookies will have formed into the cutest shells!
Do you ever get a crazy craving for baked goods, and want them immediately?
Good news! Madeleines can be baked and frozen for later!
Just bake as directed, and cool completely. Then store them in freezer-safe storage bags and pop them into your freezer. They will stay there for 2-3 months!
To prepare from frozen, leave them to thaw on the counter, and enjoy!
Storage and leftovers
Leftover madeleine cookies can be stored in an airtight container and left on the counter for up to 3 days, or frozen (as directed above) for up to 3 months!
More pumpkin recipes
- Looking for a great breakfast treat? Try my Pumpkin Pancakes.
- Want to make your favorite Starbucks bread at home? Try my Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Bread.
- Love all things French? Try my Pumpkin Spice Macarons.
- Need something savory? Try my Air Fryer Pumpkin Fries.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 cup white chocolate, melted
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar together on medium-high speed until they are smooth, pale yellow, and creamy, about 8 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the flour, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder into the creamed mixture.
- Add the melted and cooled butter (it should still be liquid, but not warm to the touch). Fold the butter into the batter gently.
- Transfer the batter to the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Toward the end of the chilling step, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a madeleine pan with melted butter and nonstick spray.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of batter into each mold, making sure to fill each one about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in a preheated oven until the madeleines are light brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the madeleines to a wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, dip the cookies in the melted white chocolate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.