These sweet potato fries make a great side for any meal! They are crispy on the outside, and fluffy on the inside!
Who doesn’t love a plate of hot and crispy fries?
If you ask me, fries are the ultimate comfort food!
These sweet potato fries are seasoned with salt, pepper, and sweet paprika; they’re the perfect combination of salty and sweet.
Also, sweet potatoes are a delicious and nutritious alternative to regular french fries, since sweet potatoes are loaded with fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants!
And since these are baked and not fried, it makes them even healthier! Who said healthy snacks can’t be absolutely delicious?
Whether you’re looking for a healthier option to enjoy with your favorite burger, or just craving a tasty snack, sweet potato fries are a perfect choice!
Ingredients for sweet potato fries
- Sweet potatoes – These bad boys are full of nutrients and bake up beautifully.
- Olive oil – Olive oil is our fat of choice to get these sweet potato fries extra crispy.
- Sweet paprika – Sweet paprika is a savory spice that will compliment the flavor of the sweet potato.
- Kosher salt and black pepper – Salt and pepper help to enhance the flavors and make the fries tasty!
If there’s one thing I love, it’s dips.
There are so many possibilities for dips when it comes to sweet potato fries!
Here are some of my favorite dips:
- Ketchup (ketchup is the OG of fries for a reason! It’s sweet and savory and perfectly seasoned)
- Sour cream
- Honey mustard
I’ve used sweet paprika, salt, and pepper on these sweet potato fries, but you can season them with your favorite flavors.
Here are some other great ideas for seasoning your sweet potato fries:
- Smoked paprika
- Chipotle powder
Serving suggestions with sweet potato fries
There’s nothing wrong with eating a big plate of sweet potato fries all by themselves, but if you’re looking to pair them with a tasty meal, here are a few great choices:
Storage and leftovers
Any leftover fries can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat fries so they’re nice, crispy, and hot, set your oven to 300 degrees F and heat fries on a sheet tray for 5-10 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
More snack recipes
- Need a fun snack for game day? Try my Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket
- Love sweet and spicy salsa? Try my Mango Habanero Salsa
- Craving something ooey and gooey? Try my Roasted Poblano Queso
- Want something adorable and sweet? Try my Air Fryer Pop Tarts
Sweet Potato Fries
These sweet potato fries make a great side for any meal. Crispy on the outside, and fluffy on the inside!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash and scrub and dry the potatoes.
- Peel the potatoes or leave the skins on.
- Cut the whole potatoes into ¼ inch-wide strips and then each strip into ¼ inch-wide strips. I usually cut the tops off first so there are too thin-ended potato fries (these parts usually brown and basically burn quickly, so they are not needed here).
- In a large bowl combine potato strips, oil, and spices (or you can use a zip lock bag for this). Massage the potatoes to ensure they are coated entirely.
- Once the oven is preheated, transfer the fries onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then flip and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until fries are browned and crispy on the outside. The baking time will also depend on how thick or thin you cut the fries. I find that long strips cut into about ¼ inches to ½ inches wide give the best results.
- The fries should be crispy and cooked through. If by this time the fries are not crispy, bake for a few more minutes. If fries are cut too thin or the ends are too narrow they will get charred rather quickly.
- Transfer the hot fries into a shallow bowl, add more salt and more seasoning, and toss/shake well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 336mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.