This watermelon Greek salad is a refreshing take on the classic Greek salad. Full of sweet watermelon, red onions, cucumbers, olives, feta cheese, and lots of fresh herbs.
Watermelon Greek salad is a refreshing and healthy summer salad that combines the sweetness of watermelon and the savory flavors of traditional Greek salad.
This salad includes seedless watermelon, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, kalamata olives, and lots of fresh herbs tossed in a tangy mix of olive oil and red wine vinegar.
The best part about this recipe is the sweet watermelon paired with the salty feta and olives.
Plus, it’s packed full of nutrients like vitamins A and C!
Trust me, if you’re looking for a tasty summertime salad this watermelon Greek salad is just what you need!
Table of Contents
Ingredients for Watermelon Greek Salad
- Watermelon – Use seedless watermelon for the easiest option.
- Cucumbers – I like to use a nice thin-skinned cucumber like an English cucumber or a Persian cucumber.
- Feta cheese – The perfect salty addition.
- Black olives – I used kalamata olives for the best taste. Just be careful to warn eaters if the olives come with pits.
- Fresh mint – A light and refreshing addition that goes great with watermelon.
- Fresh parsley – Refreshing and light in flavor that goes great in this sweet and savory salad.
- Red onion – The perfect little bite for this summer salad.
- Olive oil – This is the base of our dressing for this salad.
- Red wine vinegar – The vinegar gives the dressing an extra punch.
- Kosher salt – Added for flavor!
- Black pepper – Add as much or as little as you want!
What to serve with Greek watermelon salad
Watermelon Greek salad is a versatile dish that can be paired with many different dishes to create a complete and satisfying meal. Here are a few fun ideas:
- Grilled meat such as Chimichurri Grilled Shrimp Skewers, Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs, Grilled Lamb Chops with Pistachio Mint Pesto, or my Peach BBQ Grilled Turkey Legs.
- This salad would be great with traditional Greek dishes like my Tzatziki Sauce or my Greek Topped Hummus.
- It would also be great when served alongside my Quinoa Tabouli!
More summer salad recipes
Watermelon Greek Salad
- In a large bowl add cubed watermelon, cucumbers, feta cheese, kalamata olives, parsley, mint, and red onion.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Pour over the watermelon mixture and stir to combine.
- Taste the salad and season with the desired amount of kosher salt and black pepper.