BBQ Hawaiian Pizza

This bbq Hawaiian pizza is the perfect use for all that leftover ham. Tangy bbq sauce topped with melted cheese, red onions, pineapple and ham. You’ll love how easy this is to throw together PLUS it’s ready in just 25 minutes!

This bbq Hawaiian pizza is the perfect use for all that leftover ham. Tangy bbq sauce topped with melted cheese, red onions, pineapple and ham. You'll love how easy this is to throw together PLUS it's ready in just 25 minutes!

I just bought the most ridiculous pair of shoes. They are teal, pink and neon yellow AND they are jelly. You guys – they are the shoes of my childhood. I remember when I was a little kid I would ONLY wear my jelly shoes (with sparkles) and cried the day they broke. I was 4 so I didn’t really get that they were plastic and probably wouldn’t last forever.

Well, now I have a pair of jelly shoes to relieve my childhood and I plan on living up this summer by wearing them each and every day. But I’ll be smarter than 4 year old Brandy and keep them clean and in tiptop shape so they don’t break. It should also be noted that I need an intervention on the shoe shopping. (Unless you see an awesome deal and in that case please let me know because I love a good shoe.)

Since it’s still a bit cold to be running around in jelly shoes I’m staying indoors eating pizza. I already don’t have a bikini body so no need to work on it during the winter. I’ll happily stay indoors eating till I burst. You all know I love a good pizza but this bbq Hawaiian pizza isย REALLY packed full of flavor. Instead of the normal tomato based sauce I used tangy bbq sauce and then topped it with melty mozzarella cheese, smoked ham, fresh pineapple, red onions and a sprinkling of cilantro. Plus it’s one of the best uses for leftover Easter ham.

Iย know that each and every single one of you fine folks have 5 pounds of ham sitting in your fridge. Use it up my friends!

If pineapple on your pizza isn’t really your thing I have a few other pizzas that just might float your boat! Try my roasted garlic chicken pizza, Parmesan prosciutto pizza, chicken souvlaki pizza or my ratatouille pizza.

BBQ Hawaiian Pizza

Yield: 1 large pizza

• 1 pound pizza dough
  • 1/3 cup bbq sauce
  • 1-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup diced ham
  • 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
  • 1/4 thinly sliced red onion
  • Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro

Preheat oven to 425 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with a silpat liner.

Spread out dough onto the silpat and set aside.

Spread the bbq sauce over the dough leaving a 1-inch from the edge clear of bbq sauce.

Top with 1 cup shredded cheese, diced ham, diced pineapple and sliced red onion. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and lightly kosher salt and pepper the crust.

Add to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the curst is brown and the cheese is melted on the top.

Once fully cooked sprinkle with chopped cilantro and extra bbq sauce if desired.

23 Responses to “BBQ Hawaiian Pizza”

Kacey @ The Cookie Writer — March 29, 2016 at 8:03 am

My sister is sure going to regret going vegetarian now! This is HER pizza!

Citra Kale @Citra's Home Diary — March 29, 2016 at 8:22 am

awesome pizza! love the bbq pizza always ๐Ÿ™‚

Erin @ Texanerin Baking — March 29, 2016 at 8:25 am

Haha. Yeah. I’ve never had a bikini body so I never have to worry about getting it ready for the summer. I’ll just stay cozy. ๐Ÿ˜€

And where are the shoes?! You forgot to upload a picture. The pizza looks awesome but we need to see the shoes.

Christie — March 29, 2016 at 9:01 am

I remember those jelly shoes. They were so cool! Just like this pizza. I love BBQ sauce on a pizza.

Sharon @ What The Fork Food Blog — March 29, 2016 at 9:04 am

Jelly shoes aka personal foot saunas ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ This pizza looks fabulous – LOVE that you used bbq sauce instead of tomato!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — March 29, 2016 at 9:55 am

Why didn’t I take leftover ham from my parents to make this?! Damnit!

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking — March 29, 2016 at 10:16 am

JELLIES!!!! I love a great jelly shoe <3 AND THIS PIZZA!

Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious — March 29, 2016 at 11:08 am

The shoes don’t exist unless there is a photo of them!!!!

allie @ Through Her Looking Glass — March 29, 2016 at 12:50 pm

I seriously turned down the leftover ham my sister offered to send home with me Sunday. Why? This pizza looks awesome. And now I want some new jellies too. Why should you have ALL the fun! ๐Ÿ™‚

Allison - Celebrating Sweets — March 29, 2016 at 1:08 pm

I LOVE everything about this. Your photos are gorgeous too!

Catherine — March 29, 2016 at 3:02 pm

Dear Brandy , what a delicious and beautiful Spring pizza! This looks fantastic…nothing beats homemade pizza. xo, Catherine

The Food Hunter — March 29, 2016 at 5:09 pm

Sounds really good!

Michelle | A Dish of Daily Life — March 29, 2016 at 9:52 pm

I’m loving your pizza! It looks so delicious…the toppings are awesome and homemade pizza is the best!

Heather | All Roads Lead to the Kitchen — March 29, 2016 at 10:14 pm

As a matter of fact, I DO have about 5 pounds of leftover ham in the fridge…and this pizza is totally calling my name. I love Hawaiian pizza, so I’m totally craving this now. And ohemgeejellies!

Alisa — March 29, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Barbecue chicken and Hawaiian pizza have always been two of my favorites – I love how you merged them together!

Katerina @ Diethood — March 29, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Such delicious, gorgeous photos of this damn good pizza! I am so inspired. I feel like making Hawaiian all the things!

Kathryn @ FoodieGirlChicago — March 29, 2016 at 10:27 pm

Now I really wish I’d made ham for Easter!! ๐Ÿ™‚ This looks delicious – definitely on my must make list!

Patricia @ Grab a Plate — March 29, 2016 at 11:39 pm

Such a pretty (and yummy) pizza! I’m one of the oddballs w/out leftover ham! But I could find some ham for this pie! Now for a pix of your new jellies…

David Crowley — March 30, 2016 at 7:10 am

a delicious and creative pizza, yum!

Angie | BigBearsWife — March 30, 2016 at 11:08 am

This is just a fantastic way to use up left over ham! We always just end up eating leftovers as they are but I love this idea. Thomas LOVES pizza so I know he’d be ok with this. (I’m pretty sure that he’s made of 99% pizza haha) Oh my gosh and jelly shoes, WHAT!!! I use to have a pair of blue glitter ones that I WORE EVERYWHERE!

Joanie@ZagLeft — March 30, 2016 at 11:11 am

Oh my gosh, I remember jellies. I had a few pairs – you really need to post a picture ๐Ÿ™‚
    This is such a beautiful pizza! I love the pineapple/ham combo!

Jeffrey — April 4, 2016 at 5:08 pm

I’ve never put BBQ sauce to my Hawaiian but it does sound good. I do add roasted macadamia nuts, coconut and some Swiss cheese to my rendition. I’m actually making one tomorrow night, the dough is in the fridge “resting” as I write this!

Amanda Seamans — June 5, 2017 at 9:53 am

Oh my, this looks so tasty! We have pizza every week at our house, and I can’t wait to try this. I even featured it on my blog, her-happy-home.com.