These air fryer strawberry cheesecake chimichangas are fun and delicious treats made crispy on the outside, thanks to our air fryer, with a creamy and sweet strawberry filling!
Are you looking for the perfect dessert that is crispy, crunchy, sweet, and fruity?
Well, get ready for these air fryer strawberry cheesecake chimichangas!
They’re a heavenly combination of a tangy sour cream and cream cheese filling, mixed with sweet fresh strawberries, wrapped in a flour tortilla and air fried to crispy perfection, sprinkled with sweet cinnamon and sugar!
They’re warm and gooey on the inside, and sweet and crunchy on the outside.
These air fryer strawberry cheesecake chimichangas are the perfect treat for any occasion, from birthdays to brunch!
Trust me, these air fryer strawberry cheesecake chimichangas are going to be your new favorite summertime treat!
Ingredients for air fryer strawberry cheesecake chimichangas
- Cream cheese and sour cream – This combination will give the cheesecake filling a tart and tangy flavor.
- Granulated sugar – Granulated sugar will add sweetness to the filling.
- Lemon zest – Lemon zest will add a burst of fresh citrus and compliment the strawberries!
- Vanilla extract – Vanilla extract will add a subtle sweet vanilla flavor.
- Strawberries – Fresh is best! Strawberries will add a burst of berry flavor.
- Flour tortillas – Flour tortillas are classic in a chimichanga and will give a crispy exterior.
- Cinnamon sugar – A simple blend of cinnamon and sugar will coat the outside of the sweet chimichangas.
What is a chimichanga?
A traditional chimichanga is a Mexican dish that consists of a flour tortilla that’s been filled with a variety of fillings (beans, cheeses, meats, etc,) and then is deep fried to get extra crispy and crunchy!
These air fryer strawberry cheesecake chimichangas are a fun, sweet twist on a classic dish, and healthier too!
By using the air fryer, we are eliminating the need to have to deep fry, so it’s fewer calories overall.
You could have fun with all the different kinds of dessert chimichangas! Here are some of my favorite possible fillings:
- Other berries (raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries)
- Dulce de Leche
- Or keep it simple with plain, vanilla cheesecake!
Serving these up as-is would be perfection, but if you like a little more pizazz, here are some great topping ideas:
- Whipped cream
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate sauce
- A drizzle of dulce de leche
What is an air fryer?
An air fryer is a tabletop convection oven.
It mimics the outcome of a deep-fat fryer but without the use of oil. Hot hair is moved around via a fan that quickly and crisply cooks up the food.
The 2 most common air fryers you’ll see are basket style (that is what I have) or convection/toaster oven style.
There are pluses to both but I prefer my basket style.
What is the best air fryer to buy?
My biggest tip when it comes to air fryers is to make sure you pick a style that will work the most for your family and the amount of food you will be cooking.
My large basket-style air fryer can cook up to 12 wings, 2-4 servings of french fries, etc. which works well for my household.
Storage and leftovers
These air fryer strawberry cheesecake chimichangas are best eaten right after they’re made, so unfortunately, no leftovers here!
More sweet treats
- Love cinnamon and sugar? Try my Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Knots
- Craving something sweet? Try my Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies
- Looking for a classic treat? Try my Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Danish
- Don’t want to bake? Try my No Bake Strawberry Tartlets
- 1 (8 ounce) brick cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1⁄2 cup strawberries, diced
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, 1⁄4 cup sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Lay out a tortilla and spoon 2 tablespoons of filling on one side.
- Fold that edge over, then fold in the sides. Roll up tightly without allowing the filling to come out.
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Add the chimichangas and spray them.
- Place the basket in the air fryer and set it at 400 degrees F. Set the timer for 5 minutes, and turn them over at 3 minutes.
- Combine 1⁄2 cup sugar and cinnamon together in a dish.
- Remove the chimichangas from the air fryer and roll in the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 1g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.