This caramel apple crisp pizza is the perfect sweet fall treat. The dough bakes up super crisp and the topping is sweet and fruity!
Well, I have officially found my new favorite fall dessert.
I mean really I would happily eat this during any season BUT apples are truly the best during the fall.
This crisp meets dessert pizza actually reminds me of a dish I used to get back in high school.
One of the many local pizza places had a few dessert pizzas on their menu and one of their specialties was a dutch apple pie pizza.
Oh my gah you guys! It was so good and the best thing ever for high school Brandy.
However, now that I’m all grown up I have thought of a way to make that high school dessert pizza just a little bit better.
For this version, I made a fresh apple pie topping (vs. the canned stuff of my youth) and then I topped it with a super crunchy oatmeal-packed crisp topping.
I baked it all up in a cast iron skillet that made the cinnamon sugar dusted crust of the pizza super crispy and then I drizzled the whole damn thing with caramel.
My gah it was ahhhhhhhhhhmazing!
If you’re still not sold on the whole idea of dessert pizza just stare at these pictures for just a little bit longer and you will be sold.
Seriously, how can someone not want dessert pizza?
Oh, and I didn’t get all fancy with the dough.
It’s seriously just pizza dough that I picked up from the store.
I did sprinkle the outside crust with a little cinnamon sugar but other than that it’s seriously just plain old dough.
Oh and if you let this “pizza” cool just slightly you really can cut out a slice and eat it just like a normal slice of pizza.
That means it’s perfect for late-night snacking and eating on the go.
Well, except you might end up with sticky fingers.
Actually the more I think about if you just bring some wet wipes and you’ll be set.
Looking for more apple desserts?
- Love an easy dessert? Try my Caramel Apple Dump Cake.
- Craving a sweet breakfast? Try my Caramel Apple Danish.
- Need a showstopper dessert? Try my Caramel Apple Cupcakes.
- Want an easy fall dessert? Try my Caramel Apple Crisp Milkshake.
Caramel Apple Crisp Pizza
This caramel apple crisp pizza is the perfect sweet fall treat. The dough bakes up super crisp and the topping is sweet and fruity.
For the dough:
- 1 pound raw pizza dough, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
For apple filling:
- 2 cups small diced tart apples, cored and peeled
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
- Caramel sauce, store bought
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a 12-inch cast iron skillet add olive oil and spread it all over the bottom of the skillet.
- Add in the dough and press out to the edges of the pan. The dough will probably shrink back slightly but you should be able to spread it out so that it's only 1 inch away from the edge. It will fill out while baking.
- Set aside the dough while you cook your filling.
- Sprinkle the outside of the crust with cinnamon sugar.
- In a medium-sized skillet set over medium heat add apples, dark brown sugar, water, cornstarch, and apple pie spice.
- Mix together and cook until the mixture is thick like pie filling.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together brown sugar, flour, and oats.
- Using a pastry blender blend in the cold butter until the mixture resembled crumbly wet sand.
- Once the apple mixture is no longer hot add it to the dough and spread it out leaving a 1-inch crust around the pizza.
- Cover the apples with the topping and bake for about 20 minutes until the crisp topping is browned.
- Let the pizza cool in the skillet for about 10 minutes and then drizzle the top with caramel topping.
- Cut into pizza-shaped wedges and devour.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 272mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 5g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
Vanilla Bean Persimmon Crisp - Nutmeg Nanny
Friday 19th of November 2021
[…] Plum Crisp, Ginger Peach Crisp, Rosemary Asian Pear Crisp, Banana Bread Crisp, Caramel Apple Crisp Pizza, or my Double Berry Apple […]
Blueberry Peach Cast Iron Crisp - the flavor of summer in crisp form!
Tuesday 15th of June 2021
[…] Caramel Apple Crisp Pizza […]
Stacey @ Bake.Eat.Repeat.
Friday 9th of October 2015
I love the idea of dessert pizza! That sound just fantastic. Plus apple crisp and caramel is always a good idea!
Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures
Thursday 8th of October 2015
This looks amazing! I'm totally sold on the idea of a dessert pizza!
Ashlyn @ Belle of the Kitchen
Wednesday 7th of October 2015
This has fall written all over it! I could definitely do some damage to this yummy pizza!