This harvest Chex mix is full of fun and tasty treats, and is sweet and savory with M&Ms, pretzels, and more!
Who doesn’t love a big bowl of yummy snack mix at a party?
This harvest Chex mix hits all the right flavor combinations, with warm cinnamon, deep brown sugar, crunchy Chex and pretzels, and fun candies like M&Ms and candy pumpkins!
The best part is, it’s so easy to make, you can double, or even triple this recipe, and hand it out to friends and family for a little, sweet gift.
Trust me, once you try this harvest Chex mix, you’ll never go back to boring snacks again!
Ingredients for harvest Chex mix
- Butter – This is the fat of choice that will help the seasonings stick to the mix.
- Cinnamon – A traditional spice for fall.
- Vanilla extract – This will give us a subtly sweet vanilla flavor.
- Brown sugar – Brown sugar will give us sweetness with a deep molasses flavor.
- Chex cereal – The perfect crunchy cereal for our mix!
- Pretzels – Feel free to use your favorite shape. These will add a salty bite to our harvest Chex mix.
- Candies – I’ve used fall-colored M&M candy pumpkins, but feel free to get creative!
How to make cinnamon Chex mix
This snack is super easy to make and only needs a few steps and an oven!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and lay parchment paper or a Silpat liner on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Whisk together your brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, and vanilla extract until the brown sugar is melted in appearance.
- Add in Chex cereal and pretzels and toss to combine.
- Spread out the mixture on your sheet pan, bake for 10 minutes, toss and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let cool, break up into bit-size chunks and stir in your candy
Mix it up!
This recipe is so versatile, you can use whatever snack you enjoy!
Bugles, salted and roasted peanuts, Reese’s pieces, literally any flavor of M&M, and the list goes on!
There’s no wrong way to make this harvest Chex mix!
A few of my other favorite candies to add to this mix include Rolo’s, mini peanut butter cups, candy corn, or chocolate or yogurt-covered pretzels!
Add a little spice
If you love salty, sweet, AND spicy, feel free to add a pinch of cayenne to the mix.
It’ll bring a little bit of warmth and heat to this tasty treat!
Storage and leftovers of sweet Chex mix
Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container on the countertop for up to 2 days, if it lasts that long!
More yummy treats
- Want something salty and sweet? Try my Salted Peanut Clusters.
- Love all things crunchy? Try my Brown Sugar Pecan Toffee.
- Looking for an Ohio classic? Try my Peanut Butter Buckeyes.
- Need something a little sweet and southern? Try my Praline Pecans.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups Chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzel twists
- 1/2 cup red, orange, and yellow M&Ms or Reese's Pieces
- 1 cup candy pumpkins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon to a large bowl and whisk until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Add the Chex cereal and pretzels and toss to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the parchment paper, making sure the Chex is in an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir the mixture and then bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the Chex mix from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Then break it into large chunks, and add the M&Ms, Reese’s Pieces, and candy pumpkins.
- Transfer the Chex mix to an airtight container and store it at room temperature for up to five days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 240mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 2gSugar: 44gProtein: 4g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.