This marinated mozzarella takes creamy mozzarella and infuses it with fresh herbs, garlic, and olive oil to make a perfect appetizer come together with ease!
Have you ever had marinated mozzarella?
It’s truly a tasty treat!
This marinated mozzarella takes creamy and fresh mozzarella slices, and marinades them in savory olive oil, earthy garlic, and fresh basil, thyme, and parsley, with a little kick from some red pepper flake.
Marinated mozzarella is perfect for appetizers, tossed in salads, arranged on charcuterie boards, or just for a simple snack.
Whether you need to bring food to a potluck or sneak in a quick midday snack, this marinated mozzarella will always be satisfying.
Ingredients for marinated mozzarella
- Olive oil – Olive oil will help infuse all of the flavors together.
- Garlic – Garlic will add earthiness to the marinade.
- Herbs – I’ve used a combination of fresh basil, parsley, and thyme, for a blend of vibrant, sweet, and herbaceous flavors.
- Kosher salt – Kosher salt will enhance all of the flavors of the marinated mozzarella.
- Red pepper flakes – Red pepper flakes will give the mozzarella a spicy kick!
- Sliced fresh mozzarella – This can easily be found in the cheese sections of the grocery store. Feel free to use sliced, or pearls.
Why use fresh herbs?
Fresh herbs are highly encouraged here because they have a cleaner, brighter flavor, and a fresher texture.
Dried herbs, in general, have a more muted, and slightly bitter flavor to them, and an unpleasant leathery texture.
Where to use marinated mozzarella
Aside from my favorite way, which is eating it as-is with a fork, here are some other delicious ways to enjoy marinated mozzarella:
- Tossed in a fresh Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Inside a Summertime Tomato Sandwich
- Served alongside some Caprese Bruschetta
Feel free to make this mozzarella to your tastes!
Try different herbs, such as:
Maybe turn up the heat a little by adding a finely minced serrano pepper.
Or, add a briny bite by mixing in some finely minced olives!
Storage and leftovers
Any leftover marinated mozzarella can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Looking for a new game day favorite? Try my Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket
- Craving some carbs? Try my Garlic Parmesan Soft Pretzels
- Need a classic dip? Try my Tzatziki Sauce
- Want something spicy? Try my Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
- ½ cup good quality olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 16 ounces mozzarella pearls or sliced mozzarella
- In a medium-sized jar, combine the olive oil, garlic, basil, parsley, thyme, kosher salt, and red pepper flakes. Mix to combine.
- Add the mozzarella pearls or slices and mix until the olive oil has coated the mozzarella.
- Cover the jar and place it in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Serve with crackers or crostini.
- Store the mozzarella in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 452mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.