This peach feta salad is the perfect way to celebrate summer. Baby arugula, fresh peaches, feta, red onion, and pecans, and topped with a sweet peach puree basil vinaigrette.
Have you been craving a giant salad?
Well, you’re going to LOVE this peach feta salad that’s tossed in a basil peach vinaigrette.
It’s sweet, savory, and the perfect use for summer peaches.
In the dressing, I used fresh pureed peaches paired with the basil to give you even more summer flavor.
I can happily eat salad for dinner and this is one of those salads I crave for a meal!
This version is served meatless but it does pair nicely with grilled chicken, shrimp, and even salmon!
Ingredients for peach feta salad
- Baby arugula – Arugula (also called Rocket) is one of my favorite salad greens. It’s peppery in flavor and works so well in a salad, on burgers, and even in pesto!
- Red onion – Red onion brings a light onion flavor without too much overpowering “onion” flavor. You can soak them in ice water before putting them on the salad to remove even more of the onion flavor.
- Crumbed feta – Feta is a great option for this salad and brings a nice burst of dairy creaminess and salty flavor. If you don’t have feta on hand goat cheese is another great option.
- Toasted pecans – I love toasted nuts on a salad and pecans are a great choice for this salad. If you want even more flavor try making Praline Pecans for added sweetness!
- Sliced peaches – Fresh summer peaches are the best and you’ll want to use nice juicy ripe ones for added sweetness and optimal flavor. Nectarines are a good choice too.
- Peach basil vinaigrette – This homemade dressing is PERFECT for summer! I add honey for extra sweetness but the exact flavor of the dressing can change depending on the sweetness of the peaches. Feel free to adjust.
Making this peach feta salad in advance
I recommend making it the day that you plan to eat it for the best results.
The peaches can make the arugula soggy if you make it too far in advance.
But if you do wish to make it in advance, I recommend only assembling the dry ingredients up to three days ahead of time. Then add the peaches on the day you plan to serve the salad.
You can make the dressing ahead of time but store it in the fridge and do not add it to the salad until serving.
More green salad recipes
- Craving a traditional flavor-packed salad? Try my Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad.
- Want some fresh herb-filled bites? Try my Green Goddess Salad.
- Need big full flavor all wrapped up in a tasty salad? Try my Southwest Steak Salad.
- Love using up leftovers? Try my Ham Cobb Salad.
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 fresh peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pureed peach
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large salad bowl add baby arugula and top with sliced red onion, feta cheese, toasted pecans, and sliced peaches.
- Drizzle with the desired amount of vinaigrette and toss to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl add pureed peaches, vinegar, honey, and basil.
- Whisk to combine.
- While whisking drizzle in the olive oil until combined.
- Taste and season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- If the vinaigrette is not sweet enough add more honey, if it's too thick add a little more olive oil to thin the dressing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 257mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 3gSugar: 18gProtein: 6g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.