Apple Butter Blue Cheese Pancetta Pizza

This apple butter blue cheese pancetta pizza is the perfect addition to your weeknight menu. It’s sweet, savory and oh so delicious. Plus it’s ready in just 30 minutes!

This apple butter blue cheese pancetta pizza is the perfect addition to your weeknight menu planning. It's sweet, savory and oh so delicious. Plus it's ready in just 30 minutes!

Can we talk about how much I freaking love pizza? Seriously, pizza cannot do wrong in my eyes. I love making it with red sauce or even just a simple olive oil sauce. Sometimes it’s deep dish and sometimes I spread it super thing to create a nice thin bottom with just enough chewy crust.

Of course sometimes we are lazy and just order pizza too #truth.

However, if you fear homemade pizza you need to stop all the worrying right away. Nowadays it’s beyond easy to find fresh dough at the store so just get your dough, spread it out, top it with deliciousness and give it a bake. Seriously, it takes just about 30 minutes from start to finish to make your own pizza.

This delicious apple butter blue cheese pancetta pizza is the perfect addition to your weeknight menu. It's sweet, savory and oh so delicious. Plus it's ready in just 30 minutes!

Then after your pizza is ready you can fill up your plate and watch endless hours of whatever show you are currently obsessing over on Netflix. Which if you are me it would be – Bones, Iron Chef America and Good Eats. I have been watching HOURS of these shows every single day. Don’t worry – I’m not just some fat sloth sitting around watching tv all day. I usually keep the tv going in the kitchen while I’m slaving around coming up with recipes for this blog.

So really it’s like multitasking watching. See? Now it’s not so bad.

You wanna know what’s in this beautiful pizza? Instead of traditional sauce I decided to use Musselman’s apple butter. Yep, apple butter. It brings in nice sweet flavor since the pie is topped with strong blue cheese and salty pancetta. The arugula on top bring in a nice fresh element with a pop of peppery flavor.

This apple butter blue cheese pancetta pizza is the perfect addition to your weeknight menu. It's sweet, savory and oh so delicious. Plus it's ready in only 30 minutes!

So remember – when you’re freaking out about what to make for dinner don’t rule out homemade pizza. Ready in just 30 minutes and totally customizable!

{Looking for more pizza recipes? Try my Parmesan prosciutto pizza, ratatouille pizza or my loaded baked potato pizza.}

Apple Butter Blue Cheese Pancetta Pizza

This apple butter blue cheese pancetta pizza is the perfect addition to your weeknight menu. It's sweet, savory and oh so delicious. Plus it's ready in just 30 minutes!

Yield: 2-4 servings

• 1 pound pizza dough
  • 1/2 cup Musselman's apple butter
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 1/2 apple, thinly sliced
  • 4 ounces cubed pancetta, lightly browned
  • 1/2 cup blue cheese, divided
  • 1 cup arugula
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat liner.

Stretch out dough until it's almost the size of the pan. (If you let your dough rest at room temperature for a few hours it's easier to stretch)

Top with apple butter, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, apple slices pancetta, 1/4 cup blue cheese and remaining 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.

Bake for about 18-20 minutes until dough is cooked and pizza is browned on top.

While the pizza is cooking toss arugula with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

When pizza is fully cooked remove from the oven, top with arugula and remaining blue cheese.

Let cool slightly and cut into slices.

Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Musselman’s and I received financial compensation for the development of this recipe. As always all opinions and non-sensical ramblings are 100% my own.

31 Responses to “Apple Butter Blue Cheese Pancetta Pizza”

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — April 29, 2015 at 9:07 am

I need to try this apple butter on pizza thing but mostly because I want an excuse to eat copious amounts of pancetta 😉

Carolyn — April 29, 2015 at 9:07 am

Wow, apple butter on a pizza? What a fabulous idea Brandy!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — April 29, 2015 at 9:37 am

I should not be looking at food when I’m this hungry. I want to eat my computer (okay not really but you get the point) 😉 I want this now!

Colleen (Souffle Bombay) — April 29, 2015 at 9:46 am

Mmmm! I enjoy something similar with caramelized onion on homemade flatbread. Your shots are so good! Makes me want to eat it all!

heather @french press — April 29, 2015 at 10:20 am

I love fruit with cheese in pretty much any combination – but apple and blue is for sure one of the best – this is seriously one gorgeous pizza, and will be added to our Friday night rotation

Anna | ANNAdventure — April 29, 2015 at 11:11 am

Yum! Your photos are always so gorgeous! This pizza sounds amazing!!! So hungry!

Danae @ Recipe Runner — April 29, 2015 at 11:25 am

You are killing it with the pizza lately Brandy! Love the apple butter, blue cheese, pancetta combo on this one. Adding this beauty to one of my upcoming pizza Friday/Netflix binges!

Courtney @ NeighborFood — April 29, 2015 at 12:00 pm

This pizza looks like it hits all the flavors–savory, sweet, tangy, and I LOVE the greens on top! So pretty!

Kate @ Framed Cooks — April 29, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Apple butter and blue cheese – a genius combo of that sweet and salty thing that is so FABULOUS! This is one pretty pizza. 🙂

Lisa @ Healthy Nibbles & Bits — April 29, 2015 at 2:30 pm

I. LOVE. PIZZA. Like, I want it every day. I’m always looking for new flavors to try, and I’m totally digging the apple butter and blue cheese combo here!

The Food Hunter — April 29, 2015 at 2:49 pm

such an interesting combo. I want to try it!

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — April 29, 2015 at 3:35 pm

Homemade pizza is underrated!! It makes for a great weekday meal. Love the apple butter!

Paula - bell'alimento — April 29, 2015 at 4:05 pm

What a great flavor profile for pizza!

Sara — April 29, 2015 at 4:17 pm

I would have never thought to put apple butter on pizza but I can totally see how the flavor combination would work. We eat pizza almost every week here so I’m always looking for new recipes to try!

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — April 29, 2015 at 4:29 pm

This pizza sounds delicious, fresh and so so full of flavor! We love making pizza completely from scratch and enjoy having pizza suppers. I can’t wait to try yours!

amanda @ fake ginger — April 29, 2015 at 8:19 pm

We ordered pizza tonight – you just can’t go wrong with pizza.

I looove that you used apple butter. I always get BBQ sauce instead of pizza sauce on mine because I dig the sweetness with all the toppings so it’s perfect for me!

Amy @ A Healthy Life For Me — April 30, 2015 at 3:48 am

I love buying the pizza dough at Fresh Market and throwing a quick weeknight pizza together. I am loving the blue cheese and apple combo! Defintely on my to do list.

lauren Kelly Nutrition — April 30, 2015 at 7:52 am

Love this pizza! I love anything that fits a busy weeknight too, especially ones that are easy and sound fancy!

Kirsten/ComfortablyDomestic — April 30, 2015 at 11:15 am

I could watch hours of Good Eats and never get bored! LOVE that you paired apple butter with pancetta on this pizza. YUM!

Brenda@Sugar-Free Mom — April 30, 2015 at 11:29 am

Awesome sweet and savory thing going on with this pizza and I just love the spicy bite from the arugula! BUT the pancetta is what wins me over!

Martha @ A Family Feast — April 30, 2015 at 11:59 am

I get so excited clicking over to your blog everyday Brandy – knowing that I’m going to see gorgeous photos of a deliciously innovative recipe! This pizza did not disappoint! Delish!

Nicole — April 30, 2015 at 1:45 pm

3 of my favorites: Musselman’s, Blue Cheese and Pizza!!!

Maegan @thebakermama — April 30, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Love this! All of my favorites on a pizza. I can’t just imagine how amazing it must taste. Can’t wait to try it!

Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) — April 30, 2015 at 7:37 pm

This is like the pizza of my dreams!

Kim Beaulieu — April 30, 2015 at 9:35 pm

Okay you are the queen of pizza. This is sheer perfection. This is the most creative pizza I’ve seen in a long time. Just awesome.

Marjory @ Dinner-Mom — April 30, 2015 at 9:57 pm

Just wow! Such a creative pizza with so many wonderful flavors. I never thought to put apple butter on pizza and now I can’t stop thinking about it! 🙂

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — May 1, 2015 at 7:53 am

This is so in-cred-ible!! My guys would totally love it but I’d like it all to myself!

Cookin Canuck — May 1, 2015 at 10:45 am

This pizza is nothing short of brilliant. Sweet, salty and easy to make. It’s a win-win-win in my books.

Kate @ Diethood — May 1, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Holy smokes! How awesome is this pizza!! Can I move in?! 😀

Carla — May 3, 2015 at 9:41 am

I love that you can use apple butter for both sweet and savory recipes! Haven’t tried it on a pizza yet, so I need to add this to my menu.

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — May 5, 2015 at 12:38 pm

Pizza plus a dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes is perfect for us! Love the idea of using the apple butter!