This beef puttanesca pizza is the perfect gourmet pizza night option. Fully loaded with tons of flavor and ready in just 30 minutes. You’ll love this delicious pasta sauce pizza twist.
This post is sponsored by Anolon. As always all opinions and thoughts are 100% my own.
You all know I have a serious love for pizza!
I made it at home at least once a month and every single time I make it I try to do something just a little bit different.
This pizza was born out of my newfound love of puttanesca sauce AND my need to create a gourmet potluck item for my friends at Anolon.
I personally think pizza is the best potluck item because all you have to do is pull it out of the oven, cut it up and let the feasting begin!
PLUS because this baby is packed full of flavor you’ll be getting all the praise!
Now, if you’re thinking “What in the heck is on this pizza?” I’m happy to help!
It’s ground beef combined with capers, black olives, basil, tomatoes, and artichoke hearts. Man oh man, it’s beyond delicious!
I also sprinkled it with crushed red pepper because I’m always a fan of a little heat.
Oh, and don’t skimp on that sprinkling of basil at the end. Totally worth it!
You should also know that you don’t need a fancy pizza stone to make pizza at home.
All you need is a nice non-stick baking sheet and some parchment paper or a Silpat liner.
For this pizza, I used my new favorite baking sheet from Anolon. I love the silicone grips because it makes pulling it out of the oven a dream!
Now, get in the kitchen and make this pizza! It’s 100% worth it!
More pizza recipes
- My most popular pizza recipe on Nutmeg Nanny! Try my Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza.
- The perfect sweet and savory combo! Try my Fig Caramelized Onion Pizza.
- Craving a pizza that pairs with red wine? Try my Sausage Broccoli Rabe Skillet Pizza.
- Big pineapple fan? Try my BBQ Hawaiian Pizza.
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 2 artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper or a Silpat liner, set aside.
- Stretch out your dough to the sides of the pan and set it aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet, add ground beef and onion and place over medium-high heat.
- Crumble the meat as it cooks and continue cooking just until browned. If the beef has a lot of fat in the pan drain it out leaving a tablespoon of fat.
- Add in garlic, chopped tomato, olives, capers, crushed red pepper, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until the flavors have combined and the mixture is no longer thin or watery. This is your pizza topping so you don’t want it watery.
- Set aside the beef mixture when fully cooked.
- On your prepared pizza dough spread the bottom with the desired amount of pizza sauce, making sure to leave a 1-inch border around the pizza.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Top with beef mixture and then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until the crust is fully browned and cooked through and the top of the pizza is melted and brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes, sprinkle with fresh chopped basil, and slice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 507mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.