Looking for a delicious burger recipe? Well, look no further than this air fryer Juicy Lucy burger! It’s full of cheesy goodness and the perfect use for your air fryer!
As much as I’m a fan of grilling in the summer sometimes it’s just so hot I don’t even want to go outside.
That’s why I decided it was time to come up with a delicious burger recipe that is perfect for summer but could still be made inside without the use of a stove.
Hello, air fryer!
Plus you cannot go wrong with a burger recipe that packs a CHEESE right into the middle of the burger.
Trust me, if you’re looking for an easy burger recipe this air fryer Juicy Lucy burger recipe is just the one for you!
What’s a Juicy Lucy burger?
A Juicy Lucy burger is a burger where the cheese is packed in the middle of the burger instead of on the top.
It’s basically in an inside-out cheeseburger.
They are super juicy, packed full of molten cheese, and PERFECT for a weekday dinner or a celebratory bbq.
What is the best air fryer to use?
Any air fryer you have and use is a great option for making air fryer pasta chips.
The model I have has a large capacity basket which is what I personally prefer.
I was able to make 4 Juicy Lucy burgers in my air fryer model.
What’s the best cheese to use for a Juicy Lucy burger?
I used shredded cheddar cheese but you can pretty much whatever cheese you happen to love!
Some other delicious cheese choices:
- crumbled blue cheese
- this would pair great if you topped the burger with carmelized onions and mushrooms.
- shredded smoked provolone
- if you loved smoked cheese this a great way to add big time flavor.
- stringy shredded colby cheese
- this is my favorite cheese and it’s extra stringy and mild in flavor.
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- if you’re looking to add an Italian flare to a burger this is a great cheese option!
What type of meat do I use for air fryer cheeseburgers?
I used 80/20 ground beef as it’s my favorite ground beef option for hamburgers.
You want some fat in the meat because it will keep the burger moist and help it from drying out. Especially if you like to cook your burgers to a more well-done temperature.
Of course, you can always use ground beef with less fat but just know it can make the burger dry out faster.
If you’re looking to really switch things up try using ground chicken or ground turkey!
How do I store air fryer Juicy Lucy burgers?
If you happen to have any leftover air fryer Juicy Lucy burgers you can simply store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
I typically just reheat my burgers in the microwave as it’s a quick method that will not dry out the beef.
Love this air fryer Juicy Lucy burger?
Why not a few of my other delicious burger recipes?!
- Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Burgers
- Baked Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- Chipotle Chicken Burgers Topped with Mango Salsa
- Cheesy Grilled Peach Jalapeno Turkey Burger
- Cranberry Pesto Chicken Burgers
- Apple Butter Onion Chicken Burgers
- Baja Burger
- Chicken Tandoori Burger
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 hamburger buns
- Sliced tomato, for topping
- Lettuce, for topping
- Pickles, for topping
- In a medium-sized bowl add ground beef, kosher salt, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Using your hands, mix to combine the seasonings into the meat.
- Divide the meat into 8 same-size balls and flatten each into a disk about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the shredded cheese in the middle of 4 of the flattened patties.
- Place another patty on top of the cheese-filled patty and seal the edges.
- Spray the air fryer basket lightly with non-stick cooking spray and place the patties into the basket.
- Cook at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, or until the burgers register 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Make sure to only test the beef and not the hot melted cheese in the middle.
- Serve your juicy Lucy burgers on a bun with your desired toppings such as sliced tomatoes, lettuce, and pickles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 811mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 39g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.