This cantaloupe Caprese salad is the perfect spring and summer salad. Sweet melon mixed with fresh mozzarella, pistachio nuts, prosciutto, fresh basil, and a drizzle of honey and olive oil.
Cantaloupe Caprese salad is a refreshing and summery twist to the traditional tomato and mozzarella Caprese salad.
This recipe combines juicy chunks of ripe cantaloupe, fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, pistachios, and fresh basil, all drizzled with olive oil, honey, and red wine vinegar dressing.
Trust me, the sweetness of the cantaloupe pairs perfectly with the creaminess of the mozzarella cheese and the saltiness of the prosciutto.
Plus the freshness of the basil really makes this salad perfect for summer!
This cantaloupe Caprese salad is the perfect appetizer or side dish for any summer picnic or BBQ.
It’s healthy and flavorful and is the perfect spin on the traditional salad options.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for cantaloupe Caprese salad`
- Fresh mozzarella
- Fresh basil
- Fresh mint
- Chopped pistachios
- Olive oil, honey, and red wine vinegar
What to serve with Caprese salad with cantaloupe
Cantaloupe Caprese salad is a light and refreshing dish that pairs well with a variety of other summer dishes. Here are some tasty options to consider:
- Grilled chicken is a great option to serve alongside Caprese salad. Here are a few tasty options – Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs, Chili Mango Lime Grilled Chicken Thighs, Hot Honey Chicken Skewers, or my Sweet Soy Marinated Grilled Chicken Thighs.
- Craving salad and soup? Try my Chicken Coconut Milk Turmeric Soup, Instant Pot Zucchini Soup, Cream of Roasted Asparagus Soup, or my Spring Minestrone Soup with Lemon Whipped Ricotta.
- Shrimp is also a great option and my Air Fryer Shrimp or my Chimichurri Grilled Shrimp Skewers would be perfect!
More Caprese recipes
- Want a simple summer salad? Try my Tomato Peach Caprese Salad
- Craving a delicious pasta dish? Try my Pesto Chicken Caprese Pasta
- Love all things cheese? Try my Burrata Caprese Salad
- Need a summer appetizer? Try my Caprese Bruschetta
Cantaloupe Caprese Salad
- 1 medium-sized cantaloupe cut in half and seeds scooped out
- 6 slices Prosciutto thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cup mini fresh mozzarella balls
- 1/3 cup microgreens
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves finely sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves finely sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Take the peel off the cantaloupe and either thinly slice (like in the photos) or bite-size cube the cantaloupe and add it to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the prosciutto, mozzarella balls, microgreens, basil leaves, mint leaves, and chopped pistachios. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, honey, and red wine vinegar. Taste and season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss.
- Season with more kosher salt and black pepper if needed.