Want the perfect leftover ham recipe? Try this ham salad recipe! Just add your ham to a food processor, mix with veggies, and mayonnaise, and devour! You’ll love this old-fashioned recipe!
Are you a lover of vintage recipes?
Maybe just looking for a recipe to use leftover ham?
Well, this ham salad recipe is just what you need!
Delicious minced ham mixed with vegetables, mayonnaise, pickle relish, and spices. It’s simple to make and ready in just 10 minutes with zero cooking time!
Serve on soft white bread, buttery crackers, or add it to a green leafy salad.
Any way you choose to eat this salad you’ll be sure to love it!
Table of Contents
Ingredients for ham salad
- Ham – Use leftover ham and simply chop it up in the food processor!
- Celery – I love the crunchy texture celery brings to the recipe.
- Red onion – I use a little red onion because I like the flavor and the crunch.
- Sweet pickle relish – Optional but I love the light sweetness it gives to the ham salad.
- Mayonnaise – This holds the salad together! My favorite is Duke’s.
- Spices – Nothing fancy just a little black pepper. You can add kosher salt if your ham isn’t salty enough.
What to serve with ham salad
I like to eat my ham salad on soft squishy white bread so I like to serve it with easy side dish salads!
Interested in serving your ham salad with a tasty summer vegetable? You have to try these Blistered Shishito Peppers.
Looking to pair a vintage salad with another vintage salad? Try my Broccoli Bacon Salad.
Lastly, serve The Best Cucumber Salad for an added crunch to the meal!
How to serve
My favorite way to eat ham salad is spread in between 2 slices of soft squishy white bread. This the most traditional way my family eats this recipe.
Other great options are serving it with your favorite cracker (butter and club crackers are my favorite) or simply serving it spooned over leafy greens.
Best ham to use
The best ham to use for this recipe is either leftover Easter or Christmas ham, diced ham steak, or purchased chunked ham.
I like to use thicker chunked ham so I can get it just the right texture.
I would stay away from thinly sliced deli ham to make this recipe.
Storing leftover ham salad
Store any leftover ham salad in an air tight container in the refridgerator.
Properly stored meat salad should be good for 4-5 days.
More easy sandwich salads
- Want the recipe for the BEST chicken salad? Try my The Best Chicken Salad.
- Craving a jazzed-up egg salad? Try my Pimento Cheese Egg Salad.
- Do you love flavorful tuna sandwiches? Try my Pesto Tuna Baguette Sandwich.
- Need a flavorful healthy chicken salad? Try my Healthy Greek Yogurt Curried Chicken Salad.
Ham Salad Recipe
- Add ham to the bowl of a food processor and chop until the ham is in small chunks. You don't want the ham to become a paste but you want it to be small.
- Add all your ingredients, plus the ham, to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve cold on a sandwich, with crackers, or scooped onto a leafy green salad.