Are you looking for a fun St. Patrick’s Day treat? Or maybe you’re just a fan of those tiny crunchy marshmallows? Well, I have you covered with these delicious Lucky Charms Rice Krispie treats!
Happy almost St. Patrick’s Day!
Today I’m bringing you a delicious and easy dessert that is perfectly delicious. Trust me, you’ll love these Lucky Charms Rice Krispie treats!
If you’re a big fan of traditional marshmallow treats you’ll love these treats because they include the ultimate form of marshmallows – lucky charms marshmallows!
Plus, if you weren’t aware you can buy Lucky Charms marshmallows in the store, pick them out of the cereal OR buy giant bags of dehydrated marshmallows (which are the same thing!) right on Amazon!
If you’ve been following me for a while you know I have a sweet spot for marshmallow treats and these delicious babies have just joined the ranks for some of my favorites!
Ingredients to make lucky charms marshmallow treats
- Butter – just a little to help melt the marshmallows and bring flavor.
- Mini marshmallows – I like to use mini marshmallows best becuase they melt down easily and fast.
- Dehydrated marshmallows – these are the crunchy delicious little marshmallows you find in cereal like Lucky Charms.
- Rice Krispie cereal – crisp rice cereal is easy to find and a classic in marshmallow treat recipes.
Tips and tricks
Making the perfect marshmallow treat isn’t hard but here are a few tips!
- Use fresh marshmallows that are still light and fluffy and not dried out or sticky.
- Don’t press the treats too hard into the pan. If you push too hard the treats will end up very hard versus coming out fresh, light, and fluffy.
- Use a silicone spatula while making the treats so the marshmallow has less to stick too.
- Butter or spray your hands with non-stick spray before pressing the treats into the pan. This also helps so the marshmallow doesn’t stick to your hands.
More easy marshmallow treat recipes
- Want an over the top breakfast? Try my S’mores French Toast.
- Craving cake but only have time for a quick dessert? Try my Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats.
- Need an over the top Krispie treat recipe? Try my Peanut Butter Nutella Rice Krispie Treats.
- Love brownies AND krispie treats? Try my Peanut Butter Marshmallow Krispie Topped Brownies.
Lucky Charms Rice Krispie Treats
Are you looking for a fun St. Patrick's Day treat? Or maybe you're just a fan of those tiny crunchy marshmallows? Well, I have you covered with these delicious Lucky Charms Rice Krispie treats!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 2 cups dehydrated "Lucky Charms" marshmallows
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large high sided skillet add butter and set over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, lower the heat to low, add in the marshmallows, stirring regularly, and let them slowly melt until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat, and gently fold in both the Rice Krispie cereal and the dehydrated marshmallows.
- Stir until the mixture is fully incorporated.
- Add to your prepared dish and gently press on the mixture to fill the pan. Careful to not smoosh the mixture too hard into the pan or the Krispie treats will turn out hard.
- Let it sit for at least an hour, cut, and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.