Frozen Peach Cobbler

This frozen peach cobbler is sweet and simple and to throw together. You use frozen peaches right from the freezer so you always have time to make this beauty. Inspired from Joanne Fluke book Peach Cobbler Murder.

Ok there is no murder in this post but this recipe did come from the latest book I’m reading “Peach Cobbler Murder.”  It’s book numer seven in the Hannah Swensen Mystery series. I first spoke about this series when I did my chocolate chip crunch cookies post. If you haven’t started reading these books yet I command you go out and start! They are great!

Now onto this delicious cobbler. I LOVED it!  It was sweet, but not to sweet, and the peaches held up nicely to the cooking. I used frozen peaches because I did not have fresh and I think they were perfect.  The topping reminded me of a sweet light textured biscuit.   The only thing I didn’t like is that I gave half of the pan to my next door neighbor. I could have totally eaten that whole pan by myself…

Enjoy!

P.S. I watched Julie & Julia tonight. I haven’t watched it since the theater. I found myself crying at the end. It’s funny because it’s not sad but sometimes I just get so overwhelmed with emotion. Anyone else have this problem? Also I really have a craving for Beef Bourguignon now…

Frozen Peach Cobbler

Yield: 9x13 pan

Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes

For Filling:

• 10 cups frozen peaches sliced
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1-1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 stick of butter, melted

Note: Do not thaw peaches before you make this - leave them frozen

For Top Crust:

• 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 stick butter, softened
  • 2 beaten eggs

Source: Peach Cobbler Murder by Joanne Fluke

For Filling:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray 9x13 inch pan with pam.

Measure the peaches and put them in a large mixing bowl. Let them sit on the counter and thaw for 10 minutes. Then toss with lemon juice.

In another smaller bowl combine white sugar, salt, flour and cinnamon. Mix them together with a fork until they're evenly combined.

Pour the dry mixture over the peaches and toss. You may use a spoon or clean hands. Once most of the dry ingredients are clinging to the peaches, dump them into the pan you have prepared. Sprinkle any dry mixture left in the bowl on top of the peaches in the pan.

Melt the butter, then drizzle over the peaches. Then cover cake pan tightly with foil.

Bake the peach mixture at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Take out of the oven and set on a heat proof surface, but DON'T TURN OFF THE OVEN.

For Topping:
Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in the smaller bowl you used earlier. Cut in the butter until the mixture looks like coarse cornmeal. Add beaten eggs and mix. The result will resemble library paste but smell a whole lot better!

Remove foil from the peaches and drop on spoonfuls of the topping. Because the topping is thick you will have to do this is little dibs and dabs scraped from the spoon with another spoon, a rubber spatula, or with your freshly washed finger. Dab over the whole pan until it looks polka-dotted.

Bake in a 350 degree oven uncovered for an additional 50 minutes.

It can be eaten warm, room temperature or chilled 🙂

25 Responses to “Frozen Peach Cobbler”

grace — April 23, 2010 at 7:54 am

apples are meant to be in pies and peaches are meant for cobblers, that’s my view. your dessert looks amazing, and it’d look even better with a plop of vanilla ice cream melting down over the top. 🙂

Sue — April 23, 2010 at 9:49 am

Your peach cobbler looks delicious! Wish I was your neighbor:)

5 Star Foodie — April 23, 2010 at 9:58 am

Yum!!!

jenn — April 23, 2010 at 4:00 pm

I’ll take mine with a couple scoops of ice cream. 🙂

Jen_from_NJ — April 23, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Oh yum – your peach cobbler looks delicious!

I always cry when watching movies – sad or not!

Faith — April 23, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Gorgeous cobbler! I so wish I were your neighbor. 😉 I think I need to start reading those books, they sound like so much fun! Happy Friday!

Gale — April 23, 2010 at 8:44 pm

I’m reading that book tonight! Don’t tell me ‘who did it!” I tried one of the cookie recipes in the first book, and I was not happy with the result, but I can’t wait to try others.

Wizzythestick — April 24, 2010 at 8:35 pm

No peaches in my neck of the woods. Would this work with canned peaches or would they be too sweet?

• Elaine Thomas replied: — November 20th, 2011 @ 2:55 am

Just found your site….everything looks yummy and makes me want to cook and bake again.

Reeni — April 24, 2010 at 8:45 pm

What a yummy cobbler! And even luckier neighbor! I was craving Beef Bourginon after watching that too.

Barbara Bakes — April 25, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Yum! Makes me hungry for wonderful summer peaches. I wanted to my Julia’s Beef Bourguignon since I saw the show too.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — April 25, 2010 at 9:43 pm

I totally need to read those books… I’m not a big reader, but when I find the right books, I usually can’t put them down. Those sound great. Plus, the peach cobbler looks soooooo good!

Blond Duck — April 26, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I’m craving this cobbler….

don’t you love Julie and Julia? Though Julie made me squirm…it reminded me too much of a certain blond duckie!

Cakelaw — April 26, 2010 at 5:19 pm

This looks fabulous! Julie and Julia is a great movie – I’ll have to see it again now.

chayacomfycook — April 27, 2010 at 10:57 am

I have been making cobblers, recently but not a peach cobbler YET. Thanks for the recipe and the idea.

Shawntee — July 12, 2010 at 7:17 pm

I was so hungry for peach cobbler so I looked you up! I am actually going to try and make this with Malachi (my 10 year old who loves to cook). I will let you know how mine turns out…..

Mary — May 13, 2013 at 11:03 am

Love the Hannah Swenson books!!!! I bought the Lake Eden Cookbook and love it……..all her recipes in one book! Terrific peach cobbler!

Jennifer — October 14, 2015 at 1:05 pm

Hi, just wondering about the topping; instructions say add eggs and the milk but recipe doesn’t say how much milk.

Thanks,

Jen

• nutmegnanny replied: — October 14th, 2015 @ 7:36 pm

Hi Jen! I don’t see in the directions where it says milk. I see “Add beaten eggs and mix.” Can you let me know if you still see this? Thanks!

Elizabeth Devereaux — January 16, 2016 at 4:04 pm

This translated to 1/4 of the recipe easily. I also used cake flour – made it lighter and crunchier-ish. Great basic wonderful recipe. Thank you!

LaTrice — August 13, 2016 at 9:34 pm

I LOVE peach cobbler, and looking forward to making this for dessert next week!!! 🙂

Jennifer — January 15, 2017 at 6:46 pm

Was it me??? This recipe was so sweet that I couldn’t eat it. I’m going to try it again and cut the sugar in both the peaches and the topping.

• nutmegnanny replied: — January 16th, 2017 @ 10:22 pm

Hi Jennifer! Cutting down on the sugar will definitely help if you find it a bit too sweet. I know that sometimes depending on my batch of frozen peaches they can affect the level of sweetness. Hope you give it another try and enjoy the cobbler!

1. Pingback: Grand Gold Lime Curd Filled Cupcakes–The Secret Recipe Club |