Looking for a healthier version of fried shrimp?
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I really don’t want to fuss with using a big pot of oil, and all of the mess that comes along with it.
That’s why the
It doesn’t heat up the kitchen, and cleanup is easy!
Trust me, you’ll love whipping up a batch of these
Table of Contents
Ingredients for crispy
air fryer shrimp
- Large shrimp – Large shrimp work well so they’re extra plump and juicy.
- Lime juice – Lime juice will give us a great citrusy tangy flavor.
- Panko and regular bread crumbs – Using both types of breadcrumbs ensures that they’ll be extra crispy!
- Kosher salt and black pepper – Salt and pepper enhance all of the flavors of the dish.
- Flour – Flour helps the egg wash to stick to the shrimp.
- Egg and milk – This mixture helps the breadcrumbs to stick to the shrimp.
What are panko breadcrumbs?
Panko breadcrumbs are a Japanese style of breadcrumb, made from baked coarse breadcrumbs.
The coarse grind gives them a bigger crunch!
Panko breadcrumbs can be found right next to regular breadcrumbs in the grocery store.
Ways to serve
air fryer crispy shrimp
Making up a batch of this
You can add them to just about any dish!
You can also cook them up as meal prep for your week.
Just cool them to room temp and store them in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Air Fryer FAQ
Storage and leftovers
Any leftover crispy
air fryer recipes
- Need a cute sweet treat? Try my Air Fryer Pop Tarts
- Looking for a tasty appetizer? Try my Air Fryer Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- Want a snack for game day? Try my Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Love a fun snack? Try my Air Fryer Pasta Chips
Crispy Air Fryer Shrimp
- In a small bowl add your shrimp, lime juice, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Stir to combine and set aside for a few moments while you prepare your coating stations.
- In a small bowl whisk together your egg and milk.
- In another bowl add your flour.
- In your final bowl add your breadcrumbs and panko. Stir to combine.
- Remove your shrimp from the lime juice and toss in the flour.
- Next, dip your shrimp into the egg and milk mixture.
- Lastly, add your shrimp to the breadcrumbs and gently press your shrimp into the breadcrumbs to make sure it's fully coated.
- In batches, add your shrimp to the air fryer basket in one layer.
- Gently spray the tops with olive oil cooking spray and cook for 5 minutes at 390 degrees F.
- After 5 minutes, flip the shrimp and cook for another 5 minutes at 390 degrees F.
- Repeat until all your shrimp have been cooked.