These crispy air fryer shrimp cook up fast in our air fryer, and are super crunchy with the help of both regular and panko breadcrumbs!
Looking for a healthier version of fried shrimp?
This crispy air fryer shrimp has tangy lime juice and is breaded with crunchy breadcrumbs (regular and panko,) thanks to our air fryer, they cook up perfect and juicy shrimp, every time!
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I really don’t want to fuss with using a big pot of oil, and all of the mess that comes along with it.
That’s why the air fryer is great!
It doesn’t heat up the kitchen, and cleanup is easy!
Trust me, you’ll love whipping up a batch of these air fryer crispy shrimp for salads, sandwiches, or appetizers!
Ingredients for crispy air fryer shrimp
- Large shrimp – Large shrimp work well so they’re extra plump and juicy.
- Lime juice – Lime juice will give us a great citrusy tangy flavor.
- Panko and regular bread crumbs – Using both types of breadcrumbs ensures that they’ll be extra crispy!
- Kosher salt and black pepper – Salt and pepper enhance all of the flavors of the dish.
- Flour – Flour helps the egg wash to stick to the shrimp.
- Egg and milk – This mixture helps the breadcrumbs to stick to the shrimp.
What are panko breadcrumbs?
Panko breadcrumbs are a Japanese style of breadcrumb, made from baked coarse breadcrumbs.
The coarse grind gives them a bigger crunch!
Panko breadcrumbs can be found right next to regular breadcrumbs in the grocery store.
Ways to serve air fryer crispy shrimp
Making up a batch of this air fryer crispy shrimp gives you so many possibilities!
You can add them to just about any dish!
You can also cook them up as meal prep for your week.
Just cool them to room temp, and store them in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 3 days.
What is an air fryer?
An air fryer is basically a tabletop convection oven.
It mimics the outcome of a deep fat fryer but without the use of oil. Hot hair is moved around via a fan that quickly and crisply cooks up the food.
The 2 most common air fryers you’ll see are basket style (that is what I have) or convection/toaster oven style.
There are pluses to both but I personally prefer my basket style.
What is the best air fryer to buy?
My biggest tip when it comes to air fryers is to make sure you pick a style that will work the most for your family and the amount of food you will be cooking.
My large basket-style air fryer can cook up to 12 wings, 2-4 servings of french fries, etc. which works well for my household.
Storage and leftovers
Any leftover crispy air fryer shrimp can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More air fryer recipes
- Need a cute sweet treat? Try my Air Fryer Pop Tarts
- Looking for a tasty appetizer? Try my Air Fryer Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- Want a snack for game day? Try my Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Love a fun snack? Try my Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- 1 pound peeled deveined shrimp
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 whole milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 panko breadcrumbs
- In a small bowl add your shrimp, lime juice, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Stir to combine and set aside for a few moments while you prepare your coating stations.
- In a small bowl whisk together your egg and milk.
- In another bowl add your flour.
- In your final bowl add your breadcrumbs and panko. Stir to combine.
- Remove your shrimp from the lime juice and toss in the flour.
- Next, dip your shrimp into the egg and milk mixture.
- Lastly, add your shrimp to the breadcrumbs and gently press your shrimp into the breadcrumbs to make sure it's fully coated.
- In batches, add your shrimp to the air fryer basket in one layer.
- Gently spray the tops with olive oil cooking spray and cook for 5 minutes at 390 degrees F.
- After 5 minutes, flip the shrimp and cook for another 5 minutes at 390 degrees F.
- Repeat until all your shrimp have been cooked.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 287mgSodium: 1380mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 31g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.