With the help of our air fryer, dinner is ready in no time! Bright, fresh lemon, herbaceous rosemary, and earthy garlic make this chicken the star of any dinner.
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I need a fast, healthy, and delicious way to cook boneless skinless chicken breast, with minimal cleanup.
This air fryer lemon chicken fits the bill! With only 5 simple ingredients–boneless skinless chicken breast, lemon, garlic, olive oil, and rosemary–and the help of our air fryer, delicious and juicy chicken is ready in no time at all.
Because it’s so quick and convenient, it’s great for meal-prepping lunches or dinners throughout the week.
And the air fryer cooks the chicken breast to perfection–no dry, chewy chicken here!
You’re going to love how juicy and citrusy this air fryer lemon chicken is!
Ingredients for air fryer lemon chicken
- Boneless skinless chicken breast – Boneless skinless chicken breast is a blank canvas and will absorb all of our delicious flavors.
- Olive oil – This is the fat of choice to cook our chicken in. And remember, because we’re using the air fryer, we’re using much less fat than we would if we were pan frying!
- Garlic – A classic ingredient that will add earthiness to the chicken.
- Fresh rosemary – Fresh is best! Rosemary is herbaceous, woody, and slightly minty.
- Lemon – We use both the lemon halves and the juice for an extra citrusy kick!
This air fryer lemon chicken can be served with just about any of your favorite side dishes! But here are some of mine:
- Mashed potatoes
- White or brown rice
- Mixed greens
What is an air fryer?
An air fryer is basically a tabletop convection oven.
It mimics the outcome of a deep fat fryer but without the use of oil. Hot hair is moved around via a fan that quickly and crisply cooks up the food.
The 2 most common air fryers you’ll see are basket style (that is what I have) or convection/toaster oven style.
There are pluses to both but I personally prefer my basket style.
What is the best air fryer to buy?
My biggest tip when it comes to air fryers is to make sure you pick a style that will work the most for your family and the amount of food you will be cooking.
My large basket-style air fryer can cook up to 12 wings, 2-4 servings of french fries, etc. which works well for my household.
Storage and leftovers
Any leftover air fryer lemon chicken can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, simply place in a microwave-safe dish and cover loosely with a damp paper towel, and heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
More air fryer recipes
- Craving something sweet? Try my Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies
- Looking for fun food for lunch? Try my Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Need a snack for game day? Try my Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- Want a super simple side dish? Try my Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken chicken breasts, about ¾ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel and season them lightly with kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, rosemary, and lemon juice to a large bowl (or Ziploc bag) and stir.
- Add the chicken to the marinade, making sure it is coated evenly on each side.
- If you have time, cover the chicken and place it in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes. If not, just let the chicken marinate at room temperature while you preheat the air fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Shake off any excess marinade and transfer the chicken to the air fryer, making sure to place the chicken in a single layer. Place the halved lemon cut side down in the air fryer.
- Cook at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Brush each breast with melted butter. If you prefer to keep this recipe dairy free or lower in calories, feel free to leave the butter out. It will still be delicious!
- Cook for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Brush the top of each chicken breast with the pan juices from the air fryer - this is key! Don’t skip this step! If your air fryer has a basket, you may need to remove the grate on the bottom to get to the pan juices.
- Squeeze the charred lemon over the chicken and enjoy immediately with your favorite sides.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 158mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 50g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.